User Tag List

Thread: 69 Impala

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

69 Impala

I know forums are all but dead, but I miss seeing the good old build threads. I was thinking about doing this anyway, but seeing some recent signs of life here has inspired me to start a build thread for my most recent project. Id like to start by saying Ive always loved what you guys have done here with your club and with this forum, and what youve done to revive this style and period of custom car building.

Ive been wanting to do a build like this for a while and I recently had a 1969 Impala practically fall in my lap. The car is basically all original and unmolested. The only rust is in the drivers side front dogleg the rest of the car is remarkably clean and functional, no major dents, all lights work even the dome and trunk lights. Worst of it is the nice coat of surface rust left by the failing paint. Ironically enough I have seen a few other GM vehicles of this era in the same color that have this same issue.

Plans are cut coils, stock 14s with caps for now, hopefully eventually cragars, keystones or supremes if I can find some to fit my budget. Full shave except door handles, frenched antennas and a vertical square stock phantom grill. Suede body, either silver or lavender and purple paneled roof and probably trunk. Stock black interior with black faux fur headliner and package tray and donut wheel.

Thats about it. Im on a super tight budget and dont really have much time either, but as the updates slowly happen I will post the progress here. Hopefully someone will be here to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Barn-core View Post
    I know forums are all but dead, but I miss seeing the good old build threads. I was thinking about doing this anyway, but seeing some recent signs of life here has inspired me to start a build thread for my most recent project. Id like to start by saying Ive always loved what you guys have done here with your club and with this forum, and what youve done to revive this style and period of custom car building.

Ive been wanting to do a build like this for a while and I recently had a 1969 Impala practically fall in my lap. The car is basically all original and unmolested. The only rust is in the drivers side front dogleg the rest of the car is remarkably clean and functional, no major dents, all lights work even the dome and trunk lights. Worst of it is the nice coat of surface rust left by the failing paint. Ironically enough I have seen a few other GM vehicles of this era in the same color that have this same issue.

Plans are cut coils, stock 14s with caps for now, hopefully eventually cragars, keystones or supremes if I can find some to fit my budget. Full shave except door handles, frenched antennas and a vertical square stock phantom grill. Suede body, either silver or lavender and purple paneled roof and probably trunk. Stock black interior with black faux fur headliner and package tray and donut wheel.

Thats about it. Im on a super tight budget and dont really have much time either, but as the updates slowly happen I will post the progress here. Hopefully someone will be here to see it.

Ill get some more pics of the car up later, but I wanted to see if I could get some opinions on these. These are the caps that were in the trunk and what Im going to be running for now. I had thought that they were the originals, but havent been able to find another example of them anywhere. Any ideas? They are 14s and there are no markings on them anywhere that I could find. Any ideas? I tore them apart last night for restoration/paint detailing.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Never seen them before but gmc trucks had similar looking hubcaps but were 15 inch. With the fake 6 lugs I'm convinced they are from a trucks but hard to believe a half ton truck using 14 in.