User Tag List

Thread: Dead Or Alive?

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

Dead Or Alive?

Is there anyone alive here in the Los Boulevardos message board, or is just the "Picture of the day"-Instagram Bot keeping this thing "breathing"?

For the people alive, a cool old photo of a real beauty 63 Impala (photo by Howard Gribble):
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Draggers C.C.
    Kustom Schickeria

Oldtimer In Teufels Hand
    Chrome Plated Heart - Candy Apple Blood

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Social Media has been a killer on a lot of forums. Although I am not a club member, I still come here daily. A lot of other guys do too, there just isn't a lot of activity on here which as I mentioned earlier is due to other outlets such as Instagram.

Killer '63 though. Howards library never disappoints. I've been revisiting it over and over for the past 3 years or so.
    Instagram: @misurelli_built_it

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

You are right, Social Media is a Killer. I operate a german Hot Rod, Kustom & Lowrider message board since 2002 and of course we have fewer people on the board now, but itīs still very active, especially for technical things and for showing progress on the rides it is much more used (and useful) than Facebook and Co. But it is like it is

Yeah Howard is a great guy, met him 2 times in Japan at car shows. Very friendly guy
    Draggers C.C.
    Kustom Schickeria

Oldtimer In Teufels Hand

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Mike View Post
    You are right, Social Media is a Killer. I operate a german Hot Rod, Kustom & Lowrider message board since 2002 and of course we have fewer people on the board now, but itīs still very active, especially for technical things and for showing progress on the rides it is much more used (and useful) than Facebook and Co. But it is like it is

Yeah Howard is a great guy, met him 2 times in Japan at car shows. Very friendly guy
    That's awesome, I am hoping he brings the Bloody Mary II to Ventura Nationals this weekend. I'll be out in California for that one. I can't wait!

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Thanks for the post and welcome back to the forum. We're still around, but participation on the board has been pretty low lately. We've made some attempts to modernize the forum to make it easier to participate on and share with, but as its been pointed out social media has largely replaced forums as a way to broadcast and communicate. My favorite thing about forums are hearing in-depth conversations, build threads, and seeing local scenes documented in a way that is otherwise not covered by other media outlets. I'd love to hear about the custom car scene in Germany, what's your local scene like? How has it changed since you first found the board?

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nic View Post
    T My favorite thing about forums are hearing in-depth conversations, build threads, and seeing local scenes documented in a way that is otherwise not covered by other media outlets.

Newb

User Info Menu

Though I am new to the board, I will admit that I do have a Facebook page but it is to keep tabs on my kids. Outside of that, though the board may be slow at times. I check this damn thing multiple times a day just waiting to see whats going on out there. I'll take this page over Facebook any damn day of the week

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I honestly hate facebook for car stuff, especially technical stuff. Glad to see there are people still on here.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

MAKE LBCC MESSAGE BOARD RELEVANT AGAIN!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Nothing beats forums for putting together a build log - even just for my own records! Hopefully mine isn't too boring haha.
    Pork Hunt Motorsport - Central Coast, Australia
    1964 Pontiac Bonneville

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

LOL @Chopped63

♠️LBCC Colorado♠️

User Info Menu

Me to internet forums (esp. this one):

"Writin' my will on a three-dollar bill"

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Crispyville View Post
    Nothing beats forums for putting together a build log - even just for my own records! Hopefully mine isn't too boring haha.

Thatīs exactly the point. In Facebook everything getīs lost in this "Timelines" where you never find again what you are searching for. A forum is much better organized for such kinds of discussions
    Draggers C.C.
    Kustom Schickeria

Oldtimer In Teufels Hand

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

For a couple months my work computer was blocking me from this site for some reason, I kept checking and today it worked! Idk What you guys did but it's good to be back! Social media is on it's way out (hopefully.. ) and these forums are still a good thing for people who aren't forever anxious to move on to the next thing like the rest of the world.. I agree this is much better organized and not overwhelming like FB and IG. I have FB, but I seriously check it 1-2 times a year. I'm an Instagram'r but it seems to waste more of my time than inspire me but I still enjoy it.. Thanks for being here everybody.

Here's my 72 bagged Cadillac I'm trying to sell to get my Skylark back on the road.. $2500 obo
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG: dylanburnm

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Glad you guys still enjoy the board. For those of us who help behind the scenes that's cool.
    "Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit."
    -Henry Rollins

Newb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by d-smoke View Post
    For a couple months my work computer was blocking me from this site for some reason, I kept checking and today it worked! Idk What you guys did but it's good to be back! Social media is on it's way out (hopefully.. ) and these forums are still a good thing for people who aren't forever anxious to move on to the next thing like the rest of the world.. I agree this is much better organized and not overwhelming like FB and IG. I have FB, but I seriously check it 1-2 times a year. I'm an Instagram'r but it seems to waste more of my time than inspire me but I still enjoy it.. Thanks for being here everybody.

Here's my 72 bagged Cadillac I'm trying to sell to get my Skylark back on the road.. $2500 obo
    Wanna sell your front seats LOL.

Car looks awesome, why selling for cheap?

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Zachsta View Post
    Wanna sell your front seats LOL.

Car looks awesome, why selling for cheap?

It's on eBay right now reserve @$1300, I have 12 other vehicles and things aren't working out as planned.. I need to make room so I can get my Skylark home, it's in my storage yard and this Cadillac taking up too much driveway..image.jpg Thanks again to all those keeping this site alive, pardon the thread jacking..
    IG: dylanburnm