User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wouldn't you rather have a Buick? Yes. Yes I would.

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Wouldn't you rather have a Buick? Yes. Yes I would.

So I scored on this bitchin' '65 Skylark yesterday! Buckets/console, tilt, AC, power steering, power brakes and power windows. Interior is really damn nice (looks to be a combo of original and re-done) and really just needs a good detailing and have the headliner finished. I believe that the car may still be wearing its' original coating of Arctic White, but at most has had maybe one respray over the years. No cancer that I can find, very minimal surface rust, no major collision damage and only a handful of hardly noticeable dents. This is definitely the nicest old car I've ever owned! I've always wanted a '65 Skylark ht, so I couldn't be happier! Obviously those hideous Cragar/KMC wheels need to go away! And by the way, does anyone know if these cars come with 14's or 15's originally?

A rebuilt 340 came with it (needs final assembly) and a good used BOP TH350. Guy I bought it from kept telling me it was the original engine, but as far as I know, the 340 wasn't produced until '66. I dunno, I've included a pic of the casting number's in hopes that one of you gents may be able to shed some light on this for me. The trunk and back seat were filled with parts; new, used and nos! Also included was an iron 4bbl intake and a rebuilt Carter.

Also, can any of you point me in the right direction for info on these engines? All I can find anywhere online is how to hop them up, when I really just need to know how to put the thing together properly. I had never touched a SBB before yesterday and would like some reference material to help me out. Websites, books, whatever.

I did this crappy pshop the other night that is pretty close to the direction that I think I want to go with this car. I'm thinking drop, shave, wheels and gloss black paint. I know it will be quite a while before it can wear some chiney black, but the car is a solid canvas for sure.

In any case, getting it roadworthy is priority #1 obviously, then I can start worrying about making it look pretty.

Thanks for looking
    Last edited by bob_o; 02-14-2016 at 04:49 PM.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Nice score. I'm sure they came with 14 inch wheels and there is something about the 65 stock steel wheels that made them popular. It could be they were reversed.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Super cool! One of my favorite body styles. Good luck on the build!

Carlow
    Can't wait to see this take form.

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

That interior looks soooo clean and so does the body. Nice score sir
    "You're gonna get what I give ya" - Piewagon 60

"Absolutely" - Biskit

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

So stoked for this one, congrats dude!

♠ LBCC East ♠

User Info Menu

Nice clean car to start out with. Congrats on finding it!

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

congrats, love it. excited to watch this
    Merry Christmas, SHITTERS Full

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Very nice score!!! Love those Buicks!!!!

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by natas2018 View Post
    congrats, love it. excited to watch this
    Out of curiosity, what size were the Keystone's you had on your '64? 14x6?

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

they were 14x7

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Thanks man. I went back and was looking at pics of your '64, the 185/75's on the 14x7 Keystone's were the perfect size for that car.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

they were the perfect size on the car. really excited to see what you do with her. that's a great score

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Love them 65 A-Bodies! Nice find Bob! Can't wait to see the progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    62' Buick Lesabre

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Congratulations on the find Bob ! Mid sixties Buicks .... Yummmmieeez !!! This skylark has a lot of potential !
    Can't wait to see the first set of wheels you'll throw on that one ...

White always seemed to look good on rolling projects, why not keeping it white before it's chiney black ?
    5 on 5

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Thanks Greg! Yup, it'll definitely be white for a while. It'll prolly end up white primer as I start shaving trim, etc.

♠ LBCC Chicagoland ♠

User Info Menu

Super stoked for you Bob!

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Sweet ride brother Bob!
    1969 Mercury Montego MX -- ¡Cállate la boca!
    Roach Motel II -- 1968 Fairlane 500 Wagon

"Two on the street is worth more than 20 on the board." -- 64sled

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Thanks brother John! Once it's running reliably, I'd like to bring it out your way to shave some trim and squirt some primer on it