User Tag List

Thread: New to the board from Chicago

Newb

User Info Menu

New to the board from Chicago

Hey all and thanks for the let in.
    I'm Alex of the Blackwalls Chicago FTW cc. We have put on the Git Down show at Hala Kahiki for the last 4 years with this past one being cohosted by the Los Boulevardos Chicago chapter. Thought I should join in and be apart of this community because of that affiliation. It was our best year of the Git Down and next year will be the 5th anniversary and promises to be a blast. Alex's great video shows how rad the venue is. If you're located in the midwest its definitely worth attending.

As for the rides-

The newest addition 1962 Chevy Bel Air wagon. Built up 350 w a th350. Air ride all around. Pictured riding on a loaner set from Harry K.

1953 Ford Customline twodoor with a six and a T5. Static 3" all around drop. An old photo but Ladybird is it in so its rad.
    Ok. Cheers. Nice to be here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

♠ LBCC Skinny Jeans ♠

User Info Menu

Welcome Alex
    It was nice to meet you and Ladybird at the show and thanks for the hospitality BBQ at your place after that show. I had a great time in Chicago and plan on going again next year

Welcome again and have fun in here
    I don't do build threads, I just build.

Newb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 64sled View Post
    Welcome Alex
    It was nice to meet you and Ladybird at the show and thanks for the hospitality BBQ at your place after that show. I had a great time in Chicago and plan on going again next year

Welcome again and have fun in here

You are welcome anytime. Will be good to see you next year too T.
    Cheers

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Welcome to the board! Great rides, tons of potential.

♠ LBCC Chicagoland ♠

User Info Menu

OHHHHH Great now they let just anyone in here! hahaha jk welcome Alex glad to see the wagon rolling WW

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Welcome to the board Alex.

Glad you signed up.
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Carlow
    Welcome to board, sorry I missed the show. I will catch next time I am in Chicago.

♠ LBCC Ambassador ♠

User Info Menu

Welcome Alex!

The wagon is lookin goooooooood! Way to be. Thanks for the great hospitality in Chi. Dunno if you knew but I was having a few challenges with lower-back issues while I was there, so I may not have been as chipper as always. Nonetheless you and Ladybird were a hoot to hang with, and thanks again for taking such good care of our crew.

Would you be opposed to sharing a few photos of your woodwork? I'd love for these guys to know how rad you are.

Cheers,
    Alex
    There's no I in barbeque team.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Welcome!

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Welcome to the board . Fine rides !
    5 on 5

Newb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flatbroke View Post
    Welcome Alex!

The wagon is lookin goooooooood! Way to be. Thanks for the great hospitality in Chi. Dunno if you knew but I was having a few challenges with lower-back issues while I was there, so I may not have been as chipper as always. Nonetheless you and Ladybird were a hoot to hang with, and thanks again for taking such good care of our crew.

Would you be opposed to sharing a few photos of your woodwork? I'd love for these guys to know how rad you are.

Cheers,
    Alex
    Thanks Alex. Backs suck sometimes...haha. Hope to see you again for next year's Git Down.
    As for my work...folks can see stuff here: http://brokenpressdesign.com/

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Big welcome Alex. With any luck at all I might actually have some money soon and be able to attend next year's show ... Photos and video were verrrry eeeenterestiiing ...
    1969 Mercury Montego MX -- ¡Cállate la boca!
    Roach Motel II -- 1968 Fairlane 500 Wagon

"Two on the street is worth more than 20 on the board." -- 64sled

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Welcome!!!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Belated welcome. Nice rides!