User Tag List

Thread: Slam Specialties "SS" series

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Slam Specialties "SS" series

anyone running these? They have composite upper and lower plates and a longer stroke than the popular "RE" series. Seem to be priced about the same....

Any input / feedback ??

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

I've looked into those too. I'm looking for a stiffer bag up front and those would be my first choice.
    "Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit."
    -Henry Rollins

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

I ran a 6" pair on the back of my Buick for a couple of years. I really liked them, very robust design. They're tough and ride really nice. And I don't know if they still have this feature, but the pair I ran a few years back had built in bump stops. Def worth the extra dough imo.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bob_o View Post
    I ran a 6" pair on the back of my Buick for a couple of years. I really liked them, very robust design. They're tough and ride really nice. And I don't know if they still have this feature, but the pair I ran a few years back had built in bump stops. Def worth the extra dough imo.
    Yes, they have the integrated internal bump stops. I've been poking around and it seems like the only thing some people do not like is the composite top and bottom plates.... and I'm not quite sure why, it's pretty tough shit and best of all it won't rust or corrode.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Billy View Post
    I've looked into those too. I'm looking for a stiffer bag up front and those would be my first choice.

What are you currently running up front?

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Airlift dominator 2600's.
    "Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit."
    -Henry Rollins

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Running the slam RE's and they have built in integral bumpstops also.. No input with the SS's, but I'm happy with the RE's that I've been running for a while
    Just call me Taboo. Collar popped, fuck off........

64 caddy 6 window sedan deville