User Tag List

Thread: Need Help Lincoln Town Car 79 Bagged

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Need Help Lincoln Town Car 79 Bagged

Hi !
    i got an 79 Lincoln Town Car and i will built Bags in the Rear have anybody do this ??
    and can send me some Information and Pics from that !
    I got an 480 Compressor ,2x2600 Bags ,Tank, Fittings etc
    would be great if anyone have Pics from the Rearend with Bags
    Thats my 79
    if you can't fix it with an hammer ,you got an electric problem

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Nobody ??

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Not a very common car. Wish I could help. They might make a bolt on kit for these or you can take some measurements and get creative and fab something up. You can try Ridetech or airbaggit for kits. Try a Google search.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

If it is rear coil, pull the shocks, springs, bumpstops, and whatever else keeps the axle from hitting the rear end. Then jack the rear end up until it hits the rails and measure between spring pads. Now subtract the airbag compressed height, and 3/8 for airbag plates (3/16 on the bottom and 3/16 on top) and you will be left with the required cup height. If it is leaf, four link it. Good luck.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Thanks i will try it out and post when it will work !!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

It's Done

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

now the Moment is come to do it at the Frontend !
    Have anyone a pic from the relocated Shock i have in the Moment no Idea where i should place it !

That's the Parts i build for the Rear !

Thanks
    Markus

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Hi i worked a little bit on the 79 Town Car and that is the Result !
    Wheels and all Interior Parts that where Wood Grain are now Black and Flakes with Chinagunpowder Flakes !
    All the Copper are flaked with Tropi Cali Flakes !
    13" Goldflakes Mooneyes Steering Whee, full Custom build Airride,new Vinylroof in Flakevinyl , Olds Side Mirrors

And the Paintjob self mixed Gold with Pearleffect and Mercedes Copper from 1963
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYB3p...ature=youtu.be

The Interior Parts before final sanding and Clear Coat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-RttlD5JI4

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Those cups look good, man. As far as front shocks go, you are on your own. A bunch of ways to do it. You can get wierd and scroll through Monroe's entire catalog for mounting options, as well as compressed and extended lengths, then make a list and search the part numbers for applications. Then, find something designed for a car or truck close to your car's weight and figure out how to mount them. You could also take the shocks that were on the car and try to make up some brackets to mount them. Sometimes original shocks are difficult to relocate due to how they mount. Either way, it is always a fun, self doubt inducing project. For some reason I think those are stem top and bottom. If so, relocation should be pretty straight forward. Just take measurements between various points according to compressed and extended shock dimensions while cycling the suspension. Angle and other factors influence how they act, but just having them mounted will improve the ride.

Looks like a fun car.
    MAKE LBCC MESSAGE BOARD RELEVANT AGAIN!