User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Project 68: The Imperial Crown Coupe Saga

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

well, dude stood me up.. so all that for nothin. lol

I'll keep my eyes out for a good set of 215s to come up. Now at least i know what i'm looking for!
    PISCITELLI DESIGN: HOT ROD & CUSTOM DESIGN
    IG: @piscitellidesign

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Doors/trunk on, windshield goin in:

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

The good news is that it's done as far as paint work goes! Finally got it loaded up and into the sun for the first time!

The bad news (for the progress of the build, anyway) is that from the shop it went straight to storage. We're having twin baby girls in about a month, so I had to do some serious re-arranging to the home garage so that my wife can use it for everyday use. Come spring, I can bring the old behemoth home and start assembly.

-till then.

♠ LBCC Ambassador ♠

User Info Menu

That's going to make for a tough winter! Congrats on getting her out of paint, seems like now will be the fun part. Way to go dude, have you already figured out a wheel plan for when the time comes?
    There's no I in barbeque team.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Damn! Gotta do what ya gotta do! Happy wife = happy life. Cant wait for the build to come together! Custom builds with Imperials is a rare thing. Would love to do one myself.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Thanks!

The plan right now is to run the star wires. I have em currently mounted on 235/75s but i'm keeping my eyes out over the winter to see if i can score a set of 215/75s on the cheap to get it to ride a little lower.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Cant wait till spring she looks amazing!!
    Looking for 65 galaxie back window/cragar starwires!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

well, the project's still sitting as it was when i last posted. The winter ended, but instead of starting up on garage time, a pipe blew out under the house, so I've been living in a hotel since the beginning of April, which a wife, two infants and the dog...

Retouched the rendering though.

Gonna go with a dark brown half top, (verses the old idea of white,) and gonna try and get dual pinner whites cut.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

that rendering is way too clean.... That's gonna be a beautiful ride!! Perfect example of 'less is more'.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Man, tough luck about the blown plumbing. I completely understand the fun (?) of owning a house.

The rendering looks better than ever. Keep your head up and keep at it - I think more than a few of us would like to see this unique ride out on the streets.
    I think we can do better than that...

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

That's going to be a badass ride.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Cant wait to see this!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Back outta storage! (and in a furious race to put some shit together before the weather deteriorates on me and it's back in storage.)

Quick question: to mount up the Cragar Star Wires, do i need a .800" shank or a 1.38" shank lug nut?

Isn't there a guy/website that specializes in handed lug nuts as well? i need to get LH and RH Nuts for it.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Do yourself a favor and ditch those back-ass-ward lug nuts.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Yeah $10 a set of studs, coupler hours work. No left hand thread, priceless!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    All I want to do is cruise an obscenely over sized vehicle while consuming our precious fossil fuels at an alarming rate.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris68 View Post
    Do yourself a favor and ditch those back-ass-ward lug nuts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy M View Post
    Yeah $10 a set of studs, coupler hours work. No left hand thread, priceless!

Good call, will do.

Sooo, related to nothing, Stopped at the parts store and decided to grab some rattle can rubberized bed liner. Figured i'd do the trunk floor and see how it turns out. Two cans later, i'm actually really impressed with this stuff!

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

What's it called? Looks like it's paintable.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris68 View Post
    What's it called? Looks like it's paintable.
    "Iron ...something"... I forget. Got a couple of tall cans from Harbor Terrible. I'll take a look when i get home. I don't know that it's paintable but its a decent semi gloss black.

Spent last night assembling linkages, and putting all the heavy stuff on that I don't want to attempt to mess with once the fenders are on. Spent a fair amount of time sorting through bags and bags of hardware, clips screws etc... This car is like a giant model kit with no instructions. Luckily I have the shop manual, (and the internet) to reference some of the more obscure stuff.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Cool thanks! Lookin good!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Mo' progress! Getting so long that i cant get around it with the garage door closed!