User Tag List

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Project 68: The Imperial Crown Coupe Saga

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

wow that's nice
    1973 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser - 455 Rocket Big Block - (0)(0) PROJECTILE AFTERBIRTH (0)(0)
    1979 Ford T-bird - 351 Windsor - Project DIRTY BIRD
    1970 Dodge Charger 500 - 383 Big Block

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Hell yeah thats whats up
    mopar or no car

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dart165 View Post
    Ok, finally sat down and put some time into gettin the concept down on paper. With some luck, work, and a whole lotta time, this will hopefully be the end result.

Hell yeah, thats killer!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

we have a colour on late model mazdas down here called "autumn bronze" chocolate brown with a gold pearl in it. looks very similar. I painted my old van rims with it
    1973 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser - 455 Rocket Big Block - (0)(0) PROJECTILE AFTERBIRTH (0)(0)
    1979 Ford T-bird - 351 Windsor - Project DIRTY BIRD
    1970 Dodge Charger 500 - 383 Big Block

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by loudmouthaussie View Post
    we have a colour on late model mazdas down here called "autumn bronze" chocolate brown with a gold pearl in it. looks very similar. I painted my old van rims with it

Right on. It's sweet as hell, though it was a hard sell when first told my painter about it. lol. It's a ppg paint, and the paint code comes up as an 80's Oldsmobile color. He called me when he ordered it and said " you sure about this color? I'm looking at it in the can and it's...really brown" I had seen it on an old pickup hot rod in R&C though, and in the sun I knew it would fire up like crazy. Sure enough he called once it the inner fender wells were done, and was as excited as I was. now I'm super excited to get the rest of the car up to par so we can lay the color on those 10 foot quarters!
    PISCITELLI DESIGN: HOT ROD & CUSTOM DESIGN
    IG: @piscitellidesign

♠ LBCC Ambassador ♠

User Info Menu

Going to be a beaut!
    There's no I in barbeque team.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

dont know why, but the rendering isn't showing up anymore...
    - a little repost action:

and some progress, now thats spring is finally here!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Great build thread. I really dig the paint color you chose. It will be a classy ride when it is all finished...
    Get down James Brown..

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Thanks!

More progress:

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

broke these badboys out and started shinin em up. they're far from perfect, and a bitch to clean, though i assume i'm preachin to the choir here :P

This might be a silly question, but there's a bunch of allen head hardware on these and I'm wondering if i can pull em apart to really clean up the chrome/restore the parts that are in rougher shape... anyone done that?...everyone done that? Can't say i have experience with wires.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Those are going to be so nice on that Imperial!

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Those wheels looks fantastic ! I have a set of those one one of my cars, and i have to say : hard to clean, but worth the pain ...
    5 on 5

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Thanks guys!

Cixpack, "hard to clean" is the understatement of the year!

I found these by kind of a happy accident. I was actually looking for the tires, and when I came across these, and realized that they were the big 5x5" bolt pattern, it was a double win!

The spokes were a lot worse than the pictures show though, and I've been spending every night this week with polish, razors, and all kinds of other jerry-rigged tools to knock the rust loose... i think i have carpel tunnel syndrome now!

You're right though, It's totally worth it though once they get shined up.

Plus I scored a few NOS center caps locally for next to nothing. hells yeah!
    Last edited by dart165; 06-04-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Hell yeah! good job
    A good friend will bail you out of jail. A true friend will be next to you saying, Damn that was fun

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

mo' progress:

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Primer!

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Yeah ! Looks slick , can't wait to see the paint !
    5 on 5

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Hurry up! Haha!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cixpack View Post
    Yeah ! Looks slick , can't wait to see the paint !
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris68 View Post
    Hurry up! Haha!
    Lol thanks, I'm tryin! This thing eats up materials like nobodies business. We're on the second coat of prime, touchin up a few areas that were not seen to this point...Figure since we are doing this beast full out, we might as well do it 100%.

I'm heading down to the shop tomorrow for a bit so i'll snap off some more shots. I'm starting to wonder how hard it would be to bag this bad boy...i don't want to lay frame or anything, but there something to be said about adjust-ability. With the 3" blocks in the back and the fact that the rear wheel wells are super covered even with the skirts off, its low enough right now that i'm not sure that i can get the tires off without dropping the rear end every time... and i haven't turned the torsion bars down yet since i'm waiting to drop the motor in first... but i don't know how low i can get it with just turning them down... then again, how do you even bag a car with torsion bars?? I have a feeling its a lot of fab work that i don't have skill for/funds i don't have to afford some one else to fab... (feel free to weigh in if you know a solution here.)

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

having bags and not laying frame just doesn't make sense, haha. the rendering looks bitchin. it'll be one killer ride when done
    Brandon
    Panel Beaters CC - we have grease under our nails, not in our hair