User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Project 68: The Imperial Crown Coupe Saga

♠ LBCC Western Canada ♠

User Info Menu

I dig how much work you're doing. Rad

It bugs me when dudes build a car then have different "styles to rock" it's a car, not outerwear.

Build it style. Stick to that

Research, build.

The style around here for the most part, is pretty obvious.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Thanks for the compliment, though personally I think that if everyone built shit to exactly the same set of standards it'd be a pretty boring hobby. That said, I know that particular detail of the car is not something that this board is cool with and I don't want to derail this thread into an argument about taste or whats acceptable here, so point taken.

I'll not mention/show big wheels from this point on.

Sand blasting:

PISCITELLI DESIGN: HOT ROD & CUSTOM DESIGN
    IG: @piscitellidesign

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

This is a really interesting build .
    You seem definitely someone with taste and dedication.
    I'd tend to tell you not to hide those big wheels from us, as it's an important part of the whole picture. But I'm just like you, a guest and i don't know if it's "cool" with our hosts ...
    Really curious about how awesome would that set of starwire look under those fenders though. ^^
    5 on 5

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cixpack View Post
    This is a really interesting build .
    You seem definitely someone with taste and dedication.
    I'd tend to tell you not to hide those big wheels from us, as it's an important part of the whole picture. But I'm just like you, a guest and i don't know if it's "cool" with our hosts ...
    Really curious about how awesome would that set of star wire look under those fenders though. ^^
    Same with me! I picked those wires up after the car was already at the shop. (The car is on the other side of town right now and it's been cold as hell so I have been in the office instead of in the garage,) but I'm dying to run the wheels down there and at least see how the rears will look.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

If your goin to put a rear wheel, you mid as well put a front one on so you can get a whole side view wnd get a better idea on how itll look :D
    mopar or no car

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

For sure, I just need to turn the torsion bars down, and I need to switch the lugs on the other side to normal. It's still has reverse threaded lugs on the one side and I dont think anyone makes reverese thread sleaved lug nuts that i'll need to mount the cragars.

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dart165 View Post
    ... and I dont think anyone makes reverese thread sleaved lug nuts that i'll need to mount the cragars.
    They exist.
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Dig this project. I remember seeing it here and on the **** some time ago, and I'm glad to see you posting it here for all of us to see. Do I even need to vote for the spokes? Nah... didn't think so...

Regarding the L-hand studs, you can find the correct shouldered lugnuts online (lugnut king or ebay), as I had to do the same on my Chrysler. Just an option, although changing them out for R-hand seems like a good choice, too.
    I think we can do better than that...

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

^We're so cute!^
    I think we can do better than that...

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

My Buick had L-hand studs on one side. Ditched those fuckers the first chance I got. But as Rasputin and Tinman have already said, you can find L-hand shank style lugs. Lugnut King has damn near everything and is a great dude to do business with.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

thanks for the info guys! I'll probably just switch em out so that it's done but good to know anyway.

So sandblasting turned up a few weak areas but all in all, I was happy to see that the car was in very solid shape.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Things are slow right now since it's stupid cold outside, so not much to report, but I did get a color picked out. I like gold, but I'm not a fan of the gold that this car was wearing. It's got kind of a mustardly grossness to it, and it doesn't really match the mocha leather, or the brocade/door panels on the interior, which are more of a rose gold.

I told the wifey what I was thinkin and she went to work looking for a color that would work. We settled on PPG dark beechwook metalic. I know brown isn't everyones cup of tea, but I'm totally excited about it. It's nice and dark in the cores, and has a great flop in the light.

(not a great shot since it's poorly lit lit in my garage, but you get the idea.)

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Awesome color!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Brown is best :0)
    1973 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser - 455 Rocket Big Block - (0)(0) PROJECTILE AFTERBIRTH (0)(0)
    1979 Ford T-bird - 351 Windsor - Project DIRTY BIRD
    1970 Dodge Charger 500 - 383 Big Block

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Love the color, nice uhaul blanket haha.
    Low and fast.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Looks like a good choice! That color, that car, layed out on those starwires (my vote), forgettaboutit!
    IG: dylanburnm

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Awesome color choice
    mopar or no car

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Ok, finally sat down and put some time into gettin the concept down on paper. With some luck, work, and a whole lotta time, this will hopefully be the end result.

Last edited by dart165; 01-30-2014 at 08:03 PM.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

This is truly awesome.
    5 on 5