User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chroming parts

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Chroming parts

So I finally come to a decision on parts that i'm going to get chromed. The 53 Ford front end has been real difficult to find,so I have no choice. As you can see, the parts are in poor shape. Chrome is wasted and pitting.
    I have never sent out parts to get chrome in this type of condition. Are they salvageable? Will the cost be higher?
    On my wife's 55 Ford she had here bumpers shaved bolts and chrome and also re chromed here grill for about $1500 bucks. I think that was a fare price, but now the guy is not available. Don't know what happened.
    Any references would be greatly appreciated.
    I hope that does not turn into the who sucks or who is a thief thread. Just want to know if my parts are worthy of the investment of getting them chromed.
    Thank You
    Frank
    Attached Images Attached Images

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Everything looks fine. Actually not that bad. I've had shit in way worse conditioned chromed. I'm sure there's gotta be some one in your area that can handle this. I got a dude in Az if nothing pans out locally. Just PM me if you don't get any leads.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Right on, I'll hit you up. I've been told that guys have been take stuff out to Arizona or Nevada. I don't mind going to the AZ.

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Van Nuys Plating still does bitchin work. (818) 785-5885

http://www.vannuysplating.com/

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Thanks Bob. I sent them an email.

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Who in az gimmi??
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

That shit's in good shape, easy to rechrome. In Forida we have Spacecoast Plating, the best! It'll be $700 for my '66 Riviera front bumper which was perfect but I fucked it up in an accident, I'm a moron.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Freddie, Diversified Metals in Phoenix. Dude does good work but can def take his sweet time. He did all of Barney's chrome and it came out money plus good price.

Nads, Spacecoast is the shit. They do amazing work but you def pay for it.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

sorry to high jack but do chromers do custom work? Like if I bring them 2 bumpers could they use the 2 to make one with a deleted front license plate mount? Also do they repair pot metal? I have two tail light bezels for my Chrysler and the center spear needs reattached to both then rechromed.
    "Don't talk about it be about it"

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Thanks for the input fellas. I'm looking into them and getting quotes.

No worries T.J. I believe that you're going to have to do the custom work on the bumper before you send them to chrome. Just like the work crazeejohn is doing for Brians Cadi bumper.
    The pot metal parts will depend on the shops if they can. I have a friend that send a pair of Packard Tail lights to a shop in Houston. They strip them,leaded pitted areas, and dipped the parts a few times in copper until it smoothed out.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    sorry to high jack but do chromers do custom work? Like if I bring them 2 bumpers could they use the 2 to make one with a deleted front license plate mount? Also do they repair pot metal? I have two tail light bezels for my Chrysler and the center spear needs reattached to both then rechromed.
    Most won't, some might shave the bumper bolts but that's about it. Not all chromer's will do pot metal either.

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SLAMMED65 View Post
    I believe that you're going to have to do the custom work on the bumper before you send them to chrome. Just like the work crazeejohn is doing for Brians Cadi bumper.
    Yeah I need to get back on that task pretty soon I suppose ...
    1969 Mercury Montego MX -- ¡Cállate la boca!
    Roach Motel II -- 1968 Fairlane 500 Wagon

"Two on the street is worth more than 20 on the board." -- 64sled

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Thanks gimmi gon a look en up.
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Update on chrome shops. Van Nuys Plating cost are on the high side, but there work looks great. I'll definitely keep them in mind. My buddy suggested a chrome shop in L.A. that he uses and told me to try them out. I'm going to send my grill first. I'll post pic's on the results.
    Last edited by SLAMMED65; 09-03-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Anaheim plating. They did my bumpers and they were pretty beat. Good work look them up

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Hey Angel,how's it going? Haven't seen you around in a while. Hope all is well. Thanks for the info I'll check them out.

Newb

User Info Menu

Where did u end up taking them 2

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.J. View Post
    Really TJ? You know we got guys here that will do that for you. Hubcaps Hotrod Designs will do the metal work for you and then you can take it to the chromer to get it finished. He has my Cadillacs bumpers right now to get the same thing done. I can hit him up for you if you want.

Gimmi thanks for the heads up on a local guy. I may be hitting him when the time comes.

Slammed good luck on the search. remember to pay the chrome bill before you pay the phone bill.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Hey guys, I haven't had the chance to take the parts yet. The funds I had for chroming went towards something else,so I'm saving up again.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Fernando's in North Phx. is the MAN! He don't fuck around, he gets done fast.
    Are you medicated?