User Tag List

Thread: It was too good to be true after all. The 63 that did not happen!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

It was too good to be true after all. The 63 that did not happen!

This will substitute for what was going to be my new build thread.

Long story short: 10 days ago I made a deal to buy the car below for $5,000. It was a buddy of my Dads selling it for his daughter. His daughters baby daddy was finishing putting the final pieces of interior together when he got caught. He is doing 30 years for drug related charges. The car has new paint, new interior from head to toe and a 327ci with powerglide tranny and its juiced. These ugly 20's were brand new and I had a buyer lined out for them. Sounds like pumps, dumps and batteries were not the only thing that spent time in the trunk.

We just learned that the Impala has a lien on it courtesy of the Feds. It was sitting in her garage for almost 5 years and now that we have gone looking for paperwork to get a title so I could take delivery it is now known where they can find it. It will probably be the next local DARE car. Sad for me but it just seemed to good to be true!

63 IMP.jpg63 IMP 5.jpg
    I would say that punk rock has non-terminal cancer. It's got a lot of fucked up growths on it, but it's not gonna die from it - Fat Mike ...

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

That sucks!
    Chuck-A-Burger Drive-In Restaurant
    Cruisin' Since 1957
    http://www.chuckaburger.com

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

aw fuck!
    Lets see if i got this right.
    I dunno what a lien is but i suspect that they get the impala to cover for some money that they owe to the govmnt?
    Will the feds auction it? If so, can you get 1st dibs?
    Damn man, im really sorry.
    Sent from my ouiji board with black magic powers

- I Bomb Mes3 -

♠ LBCC Pacific Northwest ♠

User Info Menu

bummer dude! looked like it would have been a really really good deal, but at least you didnt shell out 5k only to loose the car.
    "Don't be a fag. Paint your car pink." Ras-Fu

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

That sucks dude!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

If you have a bill of sale for the car, and the car was not impounded because it was used during the drug bust, then you have the rights to it. I would check with the local DA and make sure you have a bill of sale when you talk to them.
    "Whats wrong with me? You tell me and I will tell you if you are right or not!"
    http://www.kustomairsuspensions.com

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...g/user/strtrdr

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

The lady who has had it in her garage for all this time has no rights to the car, the guy who was selling it for her ( her Dad ) has no rights to the car. Her Dad thought she had the title and the right to sell it and told a couple of my Dads buddies about it hoping for a quick sale thinking one of them would want to flip it. My Dad knew I would want it bad and I did. Its on a trailer because they were literally going to deliver it to me last Saturday and get the paperwork later. Glad me and my Dad had the gut feel to wait to take posession until title was in hand. It sounds like it also has a delinquent loan against it so I see no reason to waste my time....
    I would say that punk rock has non-terminal cancer. It's got a lot of fucked up growths on it, but it's not gonna die from it - Fat Mike ...

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 58 Delpala View Post
    If you have a bill of sale for the car, and the car was not impounded because it was used during the drug bust, then you have the rights to it. I would check with the local DA and make sure you have a bill of sale when you talk to them.
    I am guessing he wasn't paying taxes on the money he was making.
    It would be bill of sale date vs when the lien was filed on it.
    Even then they can still go after it as proceeds of crime, despite any date on a bill of sale.
    Probably not worth the hassle.