User Tag List

Thread: 70's lowrider pics

♠ LBCC East ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin
    Quote Originally Posted by Nappy
    My Sister makes babies, not a lot else.
    Did she ever sell one to Japan?
    Haha. I think she's working on filling a container.

El Santo13
    HOOOOOOOOOOly shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit I haven't logged on in a few days and this is what happens chingado...much props hoppy the lolo fury was the shizzile

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GOOZGAZ
    Hoppy would mind sitting cross legged and naked at my house while I lay oranges at your feet and burn incense around you?

I need a new god and you are it my brother!!!!
    rays of sunshine fall upon your flaked head my son.
    go out to all corners of the land, far and wide, take white wall tires, cragars, and early issues of LRM to all the heathens in land of donk.
    speak to the men with necks of red and tell them mussles are best served with butter and kept away from cars.
    tell those with trucks that "mini" is not something to claim with pride.

spread the news to the world, mother earth loves a good scratch on the back, preferably done with back bumper of a lowrider down her spine also know as Whittler bvld.

may your clear coat never peel.
    cut, hammer, weld, drive !

http://cuthammerwelddrive.blogspot.com/

PANEL BEATERS C.C - WE GOT GREASE UNDER OUR NAILS, NOT IN OUR HAIR

Newb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by happy hoppy
    Hoppy would mind sitting cross legged and naked at my house while I lay oranges at your feet and burn incense around you?

go out to all corners of the land, far and wide, take white wall tires, cragars, and early issues of LRM to all the heathens in land of donk.
    speak to the men with necks of red and tell them mussles are best served with butter and kept away from cars.

spread the news to the world, mother earth loves a good scratch on the back, preferably done with back bumper of a lowrider down her spine also know as Whittler bvld.

:lol: that may be one of the most prolific things i've ever read on here... 8)
    :lol: happy "gandhi" hoppy
    joke em if they cant take a fuk

♠ B.C. Chapter President ♠

User Info Menu

Amen
    "If your going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with style?" - Dr. Emmit Brown

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Wow, that the paint on your bro's old impala is sick!!!!

Do you have some pics of any 73-77 malibus??? Looking for some paint insperation 8)

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kellydogg

Do you have some pics of any 73-77 malibus??? Looking for some paint insperation 8)
    I am looking....

cut, hammer, weld, drive !

http://cuthammerwelddrive.blogspot.com/

PANEL BEATERS C.C - WE GOT GREASE UNDER OUR NAILS, NOT IN OUR HAIR

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

8) ....

Newb

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Kellydogg

Here's a few I happened to have. I'll look through some of my older Lowriders and take some more Malibu pictures later on.

If you're looking for some paint inspiration, I've got alot of pictures of cars with dope paint. Sorry bro, none of these are Malibus. I apologize that these aren't pictures from the 70s and early 80s, so please excuse the modern wires and so on. However, the bright kandies and patterns of the Lifestyle cars are a treat for the eyes. Enjoy...........E

Larry Watson 1939-2010

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

fucking rediculous...i wish i knew how to paint like these vatos..
    La Onda don't shine shoes.

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

I'm totally using this for my sig on the layitlow forums.... :lol:

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Thanks G, hoping my paint job turns out 1/4 as nice as some of those :D

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Shit, was looking staring at those pics some more, that orange 63 is sick!!! Mine isn't the car for it, but one day I'll have something with a full HOK candy job Im good friends with a pretty talented painter who's trying to make a name for himself and we work out barters for paint/mechanical work....so that's how my Malibu's getting painted. Anywho, I was trying to get him to candy the whole car, but we kinda figured it'd be better off if I waited until I got something a little nicer So we're doing the poorman's low-low paint job, a modern car color with some flake...prob some 70's panels and lace thrown in for good measure :wink: If you know of any other low-budget, high impact effects used in the 70's let me know holmes!!! 8) Oh yeah, what do you call those taped out lines in the panels of this Imp?? We've been calling them mazes and shoots and ladders :lol: , I've seen them on quite a few cars from that era....had me thinkin' :idea:

Test panel......

an old guy at work calls 'em race tracks.

Newb

User Info Menu

The Impala has alot of different stuff on it. We always called the crazy race track looking ones endless line. There are also alot of fades and patterns. That is a dope paint job!

The style in the second picture we used to call patterns, ladders or blocks depending on how the edges looked on the inside and outside.

There are some old books (I guess they were more like a magazine) that Hot Rod put out in the late 70s and early 80s called Custom Painting. There were probably at least half a dozen in the series. They were pretty thick, about as thick as a new copy of Lowrider. They had tons of bodywork articles, painting ideas, techniques and how-tos with very little advertising. You might check around on Ebay to see if you can find any. They will help you out alot with ideas for old school paint. E
    Larry Watson 1939-2010

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OG lil E

There are some old books (I guess they were more like a magazine) that Hot Rod put out in the late 70s and early 80s called Custom Painting. There were probably at least half a dozen in the series. They were pretty thick, about as thick as a new copy of Lowrider. They had tons of bodywork articles, painting ideas, techniques and how-tos with very little advertising. You might check around on Ebay to see if you can find any. They will help you out alot with ideas for old school paint. E
    Donnie has a couple of these. They are amazing.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OG lil E
    The Impala has alot of different stuff on it. We always called the crazy race track looking ones endless line. There are also alot of fades and patterns. That is a dope paint job!

The style in the second picture we used to call patterns, ladders or blocks depending on how the edges looked on the inside and outside.

My ebay feelers are out!!!...thanks E

Newb

User Info Menu

Fuckin' A!!!

I need cragars.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

yeah that olds is simply kkkkklean.
    La Onda don't shine shoes.

Newb

User Info Menu

My ebay feelers are out!!!...thanks E[/quote]

I'm lucky enough to have 4 of them. A few of them I actually bought off the newstand when they were new! I've also got one called Street Machines. It has alot of outdated tips for hopping up musclecars and stuff, but there are enough paint tips and pictures to make it worth having.

I'll post pictures of the covers of the ones I have so you know what to look for. I also took some pictures of a few of the pages in the Street Machines book. Lots of neat kars in there. It really is too bad that the pictures are in black and white. E

Larry Watson 1939-2010