User Tag List

Thread: Finding "The Part" you have been searching for...

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Finding "The Part" you have been searching for...

Sometimes itís the little things that make you so happy. I have been searching for stainless steel ventshades for my í58 Biscayne since I bought the car. I searched all over and finally got the part number and today at random I typed the part number into eBay and there they were. It isnít the part that I am so happy about as much as I am elated that I finally found what I was looking for. I must say in fairness though that I am geeking out a little because, like a monkey, I like shiny things.

Have any of you searched all over for a part and had it be a bit of an obssession after a while?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I've found that finding "the part" can cut both ways. I'll be elated to finally get what I've been hunting for for so long but I also find that I miss looking for it. This is how I wound up with 3 front center console sections for my '63. Once I found a good deal on a good one I kept finding more. Maybe I need 2 more '63s...

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lewk View Post
    I've found that finding "the part" can cut both ways. I'll be elated to finally get what I've been hunting for for so long but I also find that I miss looking for it. This is how I wound up with 3 front center console sections for my '63. Once I found a good deal on a good one I kept finding more. Maybe I need 2 more '63s...
    your probably right.
    §§§ Maxwell Kustoms §§§

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lewk View Post
    True, I protect myself by not looking anymore lest I find them cheaper or whatever. I'm happy with them, no need to find more. But, now I need to move on to the next gadget, thing is, I don't know what neato bit to get next...

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I geek out looking for parts so much that I actually have two friends that i look for parts for as well. I am ocd about it.

Carlow
    Quote Originally Posted by El Caballo View Post
    Have any of you searched all over for a part and had it be a bit of an obssession after a while?
    Everyone I know is obsessed with searching for a little trim...

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 73 carlow View Post
    Hahahahaaa LMAO, Matt!!
    1969 Mercury Montego MX -- °CŠllate la boca!
    Roach Motel II -- 1968 Fairlane 500 Wagon

"Two on the street is worth more than 20 on the board." -- 64sled

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Word!
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

I found a similar set of stainless vent shades for my '63 Ranchero but had a hard time locating the missing clips that attach the shades to the door frames. Fortunately yours look like NOS parts if that's the original box pictured behind the shades.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "That's why God won't let me win the lottery. I'd have a yard full of cars like that." GOOZGAZ

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Always in search of a piece...

That was brilliant.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

The long search

On my old '41 Ford Convertible, I needed a passenger side front window visor mount. After nine yeas looking everywhere for one, I found one at a buddy's place in a box of so called junk. The search was over but the thrill of the search was gone. The lost filling didn't last long went onto the next search.

CRUISER
    "Forever cruising the slow lanes"

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

damn those are nice! love to find something like that for my falcon, "the part" for me is a tube grille to fit this thing, so for me the thrill is still there, obsession, whatever its called
    Acrophobiacs C.C.C.