♠ LBCC Clubhouse ♠ - Powered by vBulletin
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Coast to Coast Cruisin: Getting the Olds to Santa Maria... the final chapter.

Dudes,

The Olds did so well on its shakedown trip to the Rumblin Riot last Spring that I'm ready to put some more miles on her.

Inspired by Yaril's cross country cruise, the desire to share the Olds with the club as well as the desperate need for a vacation I've decided to drive the Olds across the country this spring. I'll do the trip in stages, drive a week and leave the car for a couple weeks to go back to work, then drive a week, work a couple, etc etc. I'm happy to do it this way as it will break up the trip, buy time to do repairs en route, and allow friends to join me for week-long sessions as opposed to an all-out bomb across the continent.

The two main stops will be in Austin for the Lone Star Roundup mid-April, and the destination will be Santa Maria for the WCK show Mid-May. If anyone knows any other shows I should hit up on the trip, clue me in!

I've drawn up a map to show my planned route. I have friends to crash with in Atlanta, Dallas and Scottsdale. Haven't figured out where to stop in between yet but a lot of that is going to depend on the car and the timing. If you have storage space or a couch space and you're on the route, I'm totally looking for help there too! On top of that, if anyone wants to join in for a leg hit me up.

Is there an LBCC group going from AZ to Santa Maria? It would be rad to finish the trip that way.

Last edited by Flatbroke; 08-20-2012 at 01:14 PM.
    There's no I in barbeque team.

♠ LBCC Pacific Northwest ♠ TKuhl's Avatar
    that sounds like a fantastic ideal. i cant wait to see the film you make from this experience.
    "Don't be a fag. Paint your car pink." Ras-Fu

oh man that is going to be an epic trip! please when you make the trip take pics and make a video!!
    cool stuff!!!
    -Harco

Badass! You've got a place to crash in Mojave, Ca
    1962 Buick LeSabre - Iron Tusk

1975 GMC Sierra - Aqua Dementia

SCRAPE

Alex, you're a madman! I love it!! I can't wait to see this unfold. Please, if there's anything you need just call. Even if its to fedex you a part to the middle of nowhere. Just say the word man.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

I don't do build threads, I just build.

I dont know about my my vacation till next year late jan. But if you need repairs or paint touch ups I'm here for ya brotha!
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o

Boulevard Bomber lil wagen trails's Avatar
    Love the heart in it! best of luck man

Alex I love the idea. I wish I could plan my trip like that but I dont have enough vacation time to do that kind of trip. I am hoping to finish the 58 up during next year and then either drive it to GNRS 2013 or ship it to Santa Maria 2013 then fly in and drive home, but if I can finish it in the next 12 months then thats my plan.
    "Whats wrong with me? You tell me and I will tell you if you are right or not!"
    http://www.kustomairsuspensions.com

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...g/user/strtrdr

you already know the deal.

hit me up when you get to d town.

flaco
    La Onda don't shine shoes.

That's sounds like an awesome trip! We'll be at the roundup in April. Maybe I'll get a chance to meet you and see that bad ass Olds in person.

Thanks y'all! This is my light at the end of the tunnel to get through this Chicago winter I keep hearing so much about. Got a lot of work to do on the car to get it ready, but I have a really good feeling about this trip, I think she's going to do great.

I was trying to think about how to film it properly, glad y'all are stoked for that. This should be a pretty epic trip and I look forward to sharing it with y'all.

Forgot to mention, if things go well I hope to return via the northern route and bring the Olds up to Chicago for the fall. We'll have to see about that though... lets get out there first
    There's no I in barbeque team.

♠ LBCC Resident Therapist ♠ SlammedNFlaked's Avatar
    Dude! You get here and I will find a way to get to SM rollin' the Caddy with your Olds across the desert... I'll start saving now.

Sounds like you have a hookup out here, but anything you need from a place to crash, to a lift to wrench on the beast, to a place to store her, you got it.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Boulevard Bomber
    Man, im jealous, im trying to work out a way i can roll to austin with you, . . .. if you need anything in ATL do not hesitate to look me up. It would be rad to meet up and see your ride

L
    PANEL BEATERS C.C - WE GOT GREASE UNDER OUR NAILS, NOT IN OUR HAIR

Fuck yeah, that's awesome. I look forward to seeing your Olds in person.

DO IT! dont let anything stop you from perusing this. i am already planning next years "big trip" be careful this shit gets addictive! i have 2 cars to "build" just waiting till this year wraps up to see which of the 2 i can get done in time. i wish i was cruising along with you! enjoy it!!!

Awesome, my wife and I dream of selling our house, loading up and just driving, I am jealous.

im in Joplin mo, sw corner of the 4 st area
    you said you have a spot in Dallas to crash, if you want to take a different route out of atl and head up to mo, i leave for the round up on wed, stay in Dallas for wed night, we usually have about 10-20 cars that roll outta Dallas to Reggie's bbq on thursday. your more then welcome to crash at my place either direction, i have a room in the basement for ya and a full shop in you need anything.

may even leave on monday and go to flat top bobs kick off party in nw tx first and then head to the round up from there.

for what its worth, some may not think so, but id totally avoid rolling down the 10 interstate out of tx. lots of fucked shit on that road down my Mexico. id head north and do the 40.

this is what building cars is all about, actually driving them.

Although I'm not driving (this time anyway) I'm making my first pilgrimage down to Santa Maria this year as well. I am glad I will get to see your car there. Have fun and good luck.

Awesome! you have much support here in AZ! Like Ryan said...Saving now!