User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dave's Shelby Lowrider ~ ~ ~ April 27, 2012

Rivullac

Re: Dave's Shelby Lowrider

Talk about patience, wow! I`m sure it was worth the wait!

Carlow
    Damn..I remember reading this update while I was on the road somewhere! LOL

The whole story behind this build is sooo fucking badass to me. Its crazy that you never gave up, grew out of it.. and continued to build it. 34+ years later! THe amount of inspiration and genuine enthusiasm that I get from this build is hard to put into words. Its dedication like this that confirms that age is just a number and life is what you make it. As ryan stated..RESPECT!

Oh and by the way.. it looks soo fucking killer! Great job Dave.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 73 carlow View Post
    Damn..I remember reading this update while I was on the road somewhere! LOL

The whole story behind this build is sooo fucking badass to me. Its crazy that you never gave up, grew out of it.. and continued to build it. 34+ years later! THe amount of inspiration and genuine enthusiasm that I get from this build is hard to put into words. Its dedication like this that confirms that age is just a number and life is what you make it. As ryan stated..RESPECT!

Oh and by the way.. it looks soo fucking killer! Great job Dave.
    Thanks Matt... Appreciate the kind words... and yes, age is just a number. Here it is January and we like many are buried in snow. Been waiting since Labor Day to get a custom stainless exhaust system fabbed for the car by a local shop that does incredible work. So I'm patient since I'm not going anywhere on these shitty roads 'till Spring. After all those years I've driven 3 miles. Never give up. Hold what you have. Spring will come.
    The only thing on my mind is how good she's running. Labels are for those in need of recognition. - Diém

♠ LBCC East ♠

User Info Menu

The Shelby turned out great, Dave. Beautiful work on a beautiful car. Glad to see that you're finally going to get to enjoy it after all this time.
    It takes some incredible will power to hold off on driving it

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I cant believe ive missed the end of this. I must have been away and by the time i got back the thred must have been "buried".
    Absolutley amazing, i really dig the "megaphone" ehaust b4 the rear wheel.
    I would burn the tires off of this one. For real.
    Sent from my ouiji board with black magic powers

- I Bomb Mes3 -

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Flaco - AMEN I say to you AMEN. And after 34 1/2 years A Fucking MEN.
    Respect, man.

Flaco

She turned out so killer. I love it.
    La Onda don't shine shoes.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Dave, That sure is a beautiful car!
    34 years, goddamn!
    Way to hold on to your memories!
    1964 Buick Wildcat
    1964 Buick LeSabre

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Thanks Rob, Bonez, Flaco & 64LeSabre455 for the words and for reminding me how fast time gets away on us.

So the latest activity are mods made to the driver side header (these are Hooker SuperComp Stainless with 3" collectors). I extended the length of 3 out of 4 tubes (cylinders 5,6 & 7). After a rough fit back on the motor I then decided to extend the tube for #8... still having a tough time changing the spark plug. So I called Burns Stainless and ordered more tubing. I'll extend #8 about 1" and blend it back to the runner then hang the header on again before heading out to my exhaust system fabricator. I might end up doing it myself but my homie Steve is far more talented than me especially when it comes to working with stainless. And that's all he does professionally. So I wait (but not 34 years!)

These pics and the work I did was several weeks back. Posting them relieves boredom here so anyway here are a few:

SDC12760.jpg SDC12763.jpgSDC12757.jpgSDC12759.jpgSDC12753.jpg
    The only thing on my mind is how good she's running. Labels are for those in need of recognition. - Diém

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Wow... I just re-read this whole thread. Awesome story, Awesome car Dave.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Dave's Shelby Lowrider ~ ~ ~ April 25, 2011

Just a brief no brainer update. After a 7 month wait I got the car over to my fabricator to do the exhaust work. Off comes my quickly fabbed side exhaust for a slightly more traditional dual set up starting from modified hooker stainless headers with a 3" collector sans flange and instead going with V-band clamps through an "x" type crossover into Magnaflows exiting into tailpipes with the chrome Shelby baloney cut exhaust tips. All to be fabbed in 304 stainless. I have 7 1/2 miles on the car so far. IMG00020-20110425-1134.jpgIMG00019-20110425-1133.jpg
    Can't wait to tromp on it soon.

Then I go back to my wife's 63 T-Bird and the '62 Catalina El Jefe projects. I'm actually more excited in working on those beasts believe it or not. But this Shelby as said before is as low as I can get it and it will be a driver.

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

The car looks great Dave! Post a video of the exhaust note if you can

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Damn I am in love with that car!
    Looking for 65 galaxie back window/cragar starwires!

♠ LBCC East ♠

User Info Menu

Thought of you this weekend, Dave. The AACA Museum in Hershey has a traveling exhibit on Shelby cars right now. They have everything from the horrible 80's Chrysler stuff to the new GT350H, but the 60's Shelbys steal the show.

Hope the snow is finally gone and you can get some more miles on 'er soon!

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Damn Dave, I love that car. The stance is perfect.

Makes me want to head east for a ride.
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Rob, thanks for thinking of me man. I'm trying to get the car ready for SAAC 36 (Shelby 36th annual convention), Virginia International Raceway Memorial Day weekend. I want to get a set of Goodyear BlueStreaks mounted on chrome (or polished period-style American Torque Thrust D's) so I can run the car on the track. Problem is I am soooooooo BROKE! That's the truth... behind all this "glitz" I'm no different than anybody else.

Harry, you're welcome to fly out here anytime. You can bring Brian out too if he wants to visit and be my guests... we'll gel in my shop and you guys can be my technical advisers on the other projects. NYC is a day trip from me too- so remember that.

I will definately take Bob-O's advice and do a video of the car once the exhaust is done kind of using the same imagery or "screenplay" you did not long ago with your Catalina.

You guys keep me going strong.

P.S. I can't wait to park it next to another stock Shelby... then you'll really see just how low it really is.

♠ LBCC East ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I want to get a set of Goodyear BlueStreaks mounted on chrome (or polished period-style American Torque Thrust D's) so I can run the car on the track. Problem is I am soooooooo BROKE!
    Just get a set of whitewalls from Pep Boys and don't wash the blue protective coating off. No one will even notice.

Carlow
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Damn Dave, I love that car. The stance is perfect.

Makes me want to head east for a ride.
    my thoughts exactly!

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

DAaaang that is an, awesome read makes me miss mine wasn't as clean as yours though. I traded a clarion tape deck pullout for mine when I was 14, but by the time we rebuilt motor and painted it I was already knee deep into another project, I sold it for almost nothin in 89. Glad to see your perseverance has paid off.
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

damn i actaully thought "Shelby Lowrider" sounded like an amazing idea.
    oh well............

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

That is definitely the best body style Mustang (67 & 68), and the Shelby option was soooo right. I enjoy seeing pics of your car and look forward to that exhaust video.