User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dave's Shelby Lowrider ~ ~ ~ April 27, 2012

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Dave's Shelby Lowrider ~ ~ ~ April 27, 2012

I know Adamo, Eryk and a few others might squawk given this isn't an LB style ride. So chew my ass out and throw me off the board! But I gotta share these with you. After owning this '67 GT350 for over 36 years I started restoration in October 2004. Nothing was spared in doing this car - it's all original it's a June '67 build date by Shelby in L.A. with the later style outboard headlights. I hope to have it finished by August.

It will sit low. I have Cal-Trac Bars on the rear (3.89 ratio with a Eaton Tru-Trac) with 1" aluminum lowering block and Global West competiton leaf springs. I cut a 1/2 coil off the front spring sitting on Cobra Automotive rollerized bearing perches with Koni's all the way around. This is not a trailer queen and I intend to drive it hard... It's a 4-speed toploader with a Hurst Competition Plus shifter and I'm going to install a rollerized Barillaro mechanical clutch arm with heim joint linkage controlling a Centerforce II clutch and plate. I have the original 289 hipo all numbers matching which I will rebuild to factory stock specs including the solid lifter cam and original LeMans style Holley dual feed. I pick up from the dyno next week my '70 Boss 302 block .030 over running a stroker crank and RHS windsor style heads with a Bow-Laws competition Holley style 750 cfm carb on a Cobra intake with Hooker stainless competition headers with a 3" collectors exhaust exiting through a 3" h-pipe to Dynomax mufflers and out the rear through 2 1/2" Flowmaster tail pipes to the slightly modified stock chrome tips.

When this is done... I can really get going on my wife's Bird and the 62 Catalina post car El Jefe.

So throw me the hell off this website for posting this but after waiting 30 plus years to finish this car, a major part of my personal existence on the planet will have been completed.... .
    Last edited by Dave; 04-27-2012 at 01:40 PM.
    The only thing on my mind is how good she's running. Labels are for those in need of recognition. - Diém

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Re: Dave's Shelby Lowrider

Thats a nice Shelby
    I followed a red one being trailered to a show yesterday
    ..............................They see me Rollin They Hatin..............................

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Thanks Wrazed - A lot of Shelby owners trailer their cars... years ago most Shelby guys were drag racers or just racers that liked fast Fords. Today many owners are fanatics about "concourse" or they are just plain rich, know shit about the car and they own them as an investment.

The only way my Shelby will be on a trailer will be because it has no motor in it.... or the motor, trans or rear are out or blown! I'm driving this car. It took me 34 years to get to this point after putting 4 kids through college, building an investment advisory business from scratch and I plan to drive hard because I was never one to stay home and just sit there and look at this thing. Besides - I drive all my cars... that's what they are for.
    The only thing on my mind is how good she's running. Labels are for those in need of recognition. - Diém

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I'm not usually into muscle cars, but that's a great looking car. Can't wait to see how it looks when it's finished

Dude, I love puppies, dude!

User Info Menu

The ONLY Mustangs worth a damned!!! i hate Mustangs but you put a fastback infront of me and i go bananas!!!

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eric
    The ONLY Mustangs worth a damned!!! i hate Mustangs but you put a fastback infront of me and i go bananas!!!
    X2. Looks awesome Dave!!!
    Just call me Taboo. Collar popped, fuck off........

64 caddy 6 window sedan deville

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

That is a badass car. My first car was a '67 coupe with a 289/C4. What I refer to now as a "chick car". Oh well.

I've always wanted a '67/'68 fastback. But that stupid "Gone in 60 Seconds" re-make blew the value up on those, too.

I love that you want to drive the wheels off it. Please post up a picture of you smoking the tires on that thing, in front of a line of Barret-Jackson douchebags in their lawnchairs.
    No rest for the wicked awesome.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Hammy - thanks
    And I'll do one more extra burnout for you in front of all those guys with the pristine F350 Super Duty duallies towing their $150k plus Shelby's inside their air conditioned trailers with living quarters on board and sushi chefs. As for me I can do a lot of tire smokin' for a 30 pack of Budweisers! Can't wait to get some burned up rubber on the quarter panels and wheel wells

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

That's a beautiful car..!!! 028.gif
    ♠ 1965 Buick Riviera ♠
    ♠ 1952 Chevy Truck ♠
    ♠ 1938 Ford Deluxe Coupe ♠

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...uirrelrivi.jpg

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I always like the Shelby's with those awesome looking taillights. That is my favorite body style Mustang and probably the only Ford I would own other then an A-model.
    "Whats wrong with me? You tell me and I will tell you if you are right or not!"
    http://www.kustomairsuspensions.com

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...g/user/strtrdr

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

no body is going to throw you off this board for show such a lovely car ( this isn't the ****). that thing is sexy with a capital SEXY.....I wish I could own one....
    WHAT WOULD GOOZ DO?

"eventually we all die, so it don't really matter to me who rules the world, just don't make me drink kool-aid as I die." 62pest

Keep your word and pay what you owe Fu-Manchu!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I will have 2 30 packs waiting for you at the scottsdale barret jackson. So plan for a road trip. Nice car and congrats on never giving up.
    "All i wanted was a Pepsi!"

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Man nothing wrong with that!! very clean car

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Thanks all for the very kind comments. I know if I get to Arizona I will never be thirsty for beer! Thanks Steve - 60 cans of Bud would fit in a cooler on the rear deck if I put the back seat down!

♠ LBCC California Chapter President ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dave
    So chew my ass out and throw me off the board!

That's your outta here. Just leave me the keys to the mustang and go!!!!

Cool project.

When I was a kid my tennis shoes never came in boxes???

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Nice build Dave... than thing is so clean in, out and under!

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

I'm glad you posted this up Dave.
    When you told me about this car I didn't imagine it to be that color. Very beautiful.

Funny timing that you would put up this thread now because thoughts of badass Mustangs are actually fresh in my head.
    Peep the ride I had use of over the weekend:

2010 Roush 427R

Not nearly as cool as your vintage monster but for a new car it was beyond a blast to drive.
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

♠ LBCC East ♠

User Info Menu

Great looking Mustang, Dave.

What's the story on buying it? What condition was it in? Get it from a used car dealer, or privately? Life-long dream car or bought on a whim?

My Dad used to tell tales of a used car dealer around here that always had Cobras and Austin Healys for dirt cheap back in the early 70s. When is someone gonna perfect that time machine?

♠ LBCC Sweden ♠

User Info Menu

You are not the only one liking muscle cars here Dave!

I love your Mustang, hopefully I will own a green 67-68 Fastback someday. And then I can put out my tweed jacket from the closet!
    1960 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1964 Oldsmobile 442 conv.
    1964 Ford Galaxie 500

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Nappy
    What's the story on buying it? What condition was it in? Get it from a used car dealer, or privately? Life-long dream car or bought on a whim?
    I'm keen to know as well?
    I like fastbacks, that’s how I meet the love of my live. Loren use to pass my house ever day in a 69 mach1 (jade black) sex on wheels 029.gif it was her daily.
    Dave it has to be low like real low, otherwise you’ll look like a mustang driver, there a different animal when there on the ground
    Low and slow sixties style down under

AKA: Industrial Rides