User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your rides Name

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

the 67 may be getting Grunon Abuelo. Or may need help translating into Spanish how you would describe an grumpy old grandpa that you have the utmost respect for because of who he has become after years of just being your working class hero. Please I want the name to garner a real deep respect and honor for an older guy that has been there done that but is still a bit of a grump.

gatoloco63
    Quote Originally Posted by workin class View Post
    the 67 may be getting Grunon Abuelo. Or may need help translating into Spanish how you would describe an grumpy old grandpa that you have the utmost respect for because of who he has become after years of just being your working class hero. Please I want the name to garner a real deep respect and honor for an older guy that has been there done that but is still a bit of a grump.
    Tony!!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

thanks Tony

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

Purple nurple, named by friends haha behind it is the 53' shit box

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

IMPERIAL THUNDER. BOUGHT IN IMPERIAL BEACH. ?????? I THINK IT SOUNDS RIGHT ANYWAY
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

MAIN ATTRACTION

Posted a "sneak peek" shot on face book, and when I did a full view I called it "main attraction" and It's stuck in my head....

Chuck-A-Burger Drive-In Restaurant
    Cruisin' Since 1957
    http://www.chuckaburger.com

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

La Mano Del Destino : The hand of doom

gatoloco63
    Quote Originally Posted by 68rocket View Post
    La Mano Del Destino : The hand of doom

destino means destiny

Dude, I love puppies, dude!

User Info Menu

I'm your Density...

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gatoloco63 View Post
    destino means destiny
    lol my spanish sucks, I call her the hand of doom though. One of my buddies basicly gave her the name we where talking about music that describes our cars one night and sabbath is my favorite band of all time, he was like your car is like the hand of doom its mellow and funky yet then its is like a kick to the face.
    I think the sabbath song symptom of the universe gives a better vibe for my car. It started its life hard and fast and by the end is mellow and cruisin down the road.

If you dont know the song you should! But at 4:13 I think you can see what I mean

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

My wagon has been officially named "Sweet Lucy" My wifes Grandma is one of the coolest ladies I have ever met. She loves the car and she calls any alcoholic beverage "Sweet Lucy" " You drinkin that Sweet Lucy again" The car makes me happy and so does the drink.....it just seems to work.

IMG_6052 (Medium).JPG
    I would say that punk rock has non-terminal cancer. It's got a lot of fucked up growths on it, but it's not gonna die from it - Fat Mike ...

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I am no different in my own thinking of names for stuff and it amazes me how symbolism, an event that's made a mark, or a piece of music suggests or promotes the idea.

When I see still pictures of Memo's (Goozgaz) Lincoln or the recent clips he put up of the car in motion.... I think of Los Lobos and a couple of their songs.... "Don't Worry Baby" and the instrumental riffs. When the car is parked at a show or a cruise I'm thinkin' "A Matter of Time" because when you got kids and a family and a love for cars you gotta strike the right balance to keep 'em all happy and yourself sane. But I'm a little weird anyway... just sharing what I think in terms of associating a song with a righteous ride.

P.S. Back when I was travelling between CT and L.A. (1985) I actually met David Hidalgo on a flight from Boston to L.A. and I am forever impressed with this man and the band. It just reminds me of such happy days and times I had back then. (Sorry If I got off track.)
    The only thing on my mind is how good she's running. Labels are for those in need of recognition. - Diém

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

"Sleepwalking"

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Ive always wanted to name a car Weird Science... Im not sure exactly why. Ive just never been able to get my hands on a car it was appropriate for. It needs to be an 80s build to fit right. Maybe I'll build a tilt bed mini around the name

weird science.jpg

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I don't have an official name, but me and my friends always call my 62 either Impala Abdul or R262.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

IMG00261-20110307-0702.jpgIt started life as " What a piece of shit" then change to The Slur then to The Hollister Chrysler. Lately its just been called Shuweet.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Firecracker View Post
    I don't have an official name, but me and my friends always call my 62 either Impala Abdul or R262.

R262 I like that.

♠ LBCC Skinny Jeans ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gatoloco63 View Post
    Tony!!
    Just saw this hahaha

Fuck you
    I don't do build threads, I just build.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bob_o View Post
    "Sleepwalking"
    This name gives me a real cool visual of your Buick at a nice, slow crawl..... with the two-bars flippin' at a dreamy stride.
    "The world can be a crappy and negative place sometimes, so it goes a long way when something as simple and irrelevant as a car can bring a huge smile to someone's face." - Rasputin

http://wheelsareeverything.com/

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

when my car is done i wanna name it "the Artesian" after the city of artesia wich was a city where allot of dutch immigrants used to live back in the days. I hope when my car is finished it will be a tribute to the begining of lowriding in that area