User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: The History and Evolution of the white wall tire.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Last I checked the Hurst were a little pricey? but I think they look really good. I just have not seen very many people running them. I guess let us know what you learn about these. I'm very tempted as well.

♠ LBCC Chicagoland ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by wood64 View Post
    Last I checked the Hurst were a little pricey? but I think they look really good. I just have not seen very many people running them. I guess let us know what you learn about these. I'm very tempted as well.
    pricey... but aren't they all now.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

good point. I guess there is a cost to coolness.

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

A nice thing about the Hursts is that at 26" tall they fill a void in sizing for 15" bias-plys. Besides 5.60s which are fairly small, OE bias tires were 27"-plus.

They'd fit really well on my Catalina but I do agree that a 26" tall tire might look a little small for the Cadillac. All bias repro tires are pricey but $510 a pair is on the steeper side.
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Dude, I love puppies, dude!

User Info Menu

having a set of 6.70x15 www firestones on my caddy they even look a little small when the car is not aired out. the 9.00x15 were huge but did a good job of filling the void. anywhere in between seems like a good compromise. when i had the 205/75x15 with a 1" ww they looked tiny and didnt really care for the look too much black wall i suppose?

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

8.20/15 Low Profile US Royals are the ones that are correct for my Cadillacs, Donald Ghraib Eldorado Brougham expert, had 40 sets made, they are all gone and they were like $4,000 a set, they woulda been perfect on your '62 Brian.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

It sucks that old tires are so dangerous, I've had way too many failures to run them now, I ain't as young and as stupid as I used to be.

♠ LBCC Chicagoland ♠

User Info Menu

I rolled the dice on the Amoco tires... and on a set of B.F.s g50's on the Dart.
    But yeah, with a family in the car it's sketchy proposition.

tires ordered.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Feel free to move if this is in the wrong thread. sorry i can't get pics to open straight up.
    GOODYEAR Experimental Illuminated Tires, 1961
    "These illuminated tires were developed by Goodyear in 1961. They’re made from a single piece of synthetic rubber and are brightly lit by bulbs mounted inside the wheel rim. The Goodyear Tire Company intend to produce the tyres in a variety of colours."
    Last edited by lil wagen trails; 06-29-2014 at 07:47 PM.
    TANSTAAFL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lil wagen trails View Post
    Feel free to move if this is in the wrong thread. sorry i can't get pics to open straight up.
    GOODYEAR Experimental Illuminated Tires, 1961
    "These illuminated tires were developed by Goodyear in 1961. They’re made from a single piece of synthetic rubber and are brightly lit by bulbs mounted inside the wheel rim. The Goodyear Tire Company intend to produce the tyres in a variety of colours."
    some neat stuff going on considering the time, ABS Brakes? remote controlled? rad!

User Info Menu

this one actually shows the tire's illuminate, plus his wife was a fox...

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

thanks eric, thats neat.
    TANSTAAFL

Newb

User Info Menu

The tires on the El Matador were still on the car when I owned in it the seventies. They burnt in the fire.

♠ LBCC Chicagoland ♠

User Info Menu

Bump.