User Tag List

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1963 Chevy Bel Air Update Dec. 18 2011.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Re: 1963 Chevy Bel Air Update Jan. 31. 2010.

Rad.
    MAKE LBCC MESSAGE BOARD RELEVANT AGAIN!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Re: 1963 Chevy Bel Air Update March 8. 2010.

Another bodywork update. This is how the car sits as of yesterday. I decided to shave some of the trim off, but the main body trim piece will stay as well as the handles. I'm still undecided weather to keep the handles or shave them off. Both the hood and the trunk badges are gone now as well as the Bel Air writing on the quarter and the badges on the front fenders. The car is really starting to take shape and its looking real straight. Cant wait to have it in primer. Sorry for the crappy cell pictures, but it's all I got at the moment.

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

You're really going to town.

Do you have a color picked out?
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I'm really torn between Greens and Blues. I'm having a really hard time visualizing this car in color, any color. I know.. its weird but I haven't owned an old car with decent body or paint yet. This will be my first one, and I want to make it special. Maybe I'm just over thinking the whole issue. Me and Bretto have talked about doing the roof this summer when the body work is finished, yet I have so many ideas of what I want.
    This is a cell picture from last year before the car went for body work.

I was just messing around with some old tape to try and visualize what the car would look with panels on it. This was my first attempt so don't be harsh. hehe
    So really paint wise, or color wise I have no idea what I want yet, but I'm sure it will come to me.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

looking good,,id shave the handles..keep the car as clean and simple as possible,,you dont need to do panels,,it being a 2 door post, it think panels may look to busy..a nice light soft color on the body and some flake on the roof..less is more..GM has a killer new green out,,i forget the name i will look it up tomarrow,,,it would rock on your car!!! my 2 cents
    60's style

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

THATS FARKKING CHARP ...

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

synergy green,,its actually a coarse mettalic green this picture doesnt do it justice,,

60's style

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Thanks for your input PONCHO. I really like that GM color. I'm not serious about the panels, I just taped the body just to get a visual idea of what it would look like. I thought that the long panels on the body would give the car length, since I always thought that for some reason post cars looked stubbier than the hardtops. Since I don't plan on painting the body this summer I will most likely leave the handles on the car, and if I get sick of them they are easy enough to get rid of.

These cars have been my biggest inspiration for this build...even though my car is a post. Most of the pictures have been stolen from here.

♠ LBCC Western Canada ♠

User Info Menu

i'm stoked on this buddy

get it on down here. i've got some ideas you'll like.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

all 3 of those rule dude..all my fav's too..
    60's style

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Re: 1963 Chevy Bel Air Update April 7. 2010.

So here are some better pictures of the car and the state its in at the moment. There has been minimal progress since the last update because my friend Mike (who is doing most of the body work) has been out of the country for a few weeks. This has moved the expected completion date for end of this month. Only thing remaining to be done is the pass. rear quarter. This will be the most time consuming.

Driver quarter is looking great

Trunk emblem was shaved

As well as the hood emblem

Front fender emblems are gone too

Bel Air emblem on the rear quarter was also shaved

Mirror shaved also

So I found out that I have the best woman in the world. She went behind my back and ordered me new licence plate filler panels for both front and rear bumpers for my birthday. Its not til the early may but she figures with shipping they will be here on time. im so stoked. Shes the best. I hope the next update will include pictures of the car in full primer with new licence filler panels..lol
    Stay tuned.

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Really good stuff.
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

That is awesome your girl did that for you. I can't wait to see this project unfold.
    Steamboatimagery.com

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Love your car, man. It's really coming along nicely. 028.gif
    No rest for the wicked awesome.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hammy
    Love your car, man. It's really coming along nicely. 028.gif
    Me too. Good stuff, indeed.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Thanks for the support guys. Did a bunch of work on the car sunday. Pass. side quarter was cut out and all the shitty spot welds ground. The inner quarter is almost rust free. To our amazement, we expected it to be way rustier than the driver side. It will only require two small patches. Mike did some small patches on the pass. door. I also loosley installed my front inner wheel wells in preparation for the front end alignment. I will be adding more pictures later this week.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Bro PM me your address... I found a few things for ya.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Re: 1963 Chevy Bel Air Update April 18. 2010.

This week has been very productive. We moved the car to the other side of the shop and started on the pass. side.

Mike doing some patch work on the inner quarters

Couple of patches on the pass. door

Went down to Calgary on saturday to pick up a new rear diff for my car. My spider gears are clicking when turning. I got it complete drum to drum for super cheap and I can do a rebuild on it while the body is getting attention. it also came with control arms. This was all the progress for this week. Hope the upcoming week is as productive as this one because the snow is gone and I'm getting the itch to cruise.

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by PONCHO
    synergy green,,its actually a coarse mettalic green this picture doesnt do it justice,,

there is a camaro around here in this color, and you're right pictures don't do it justice. amazing color!!!!!!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Re: 1963 Chevy Bel Air Update April 26. 2010.

Another update from the weekend. The pass. quarter is on. Its getting pretty close to primer time.

Rear pass. side quarter.

Another patch under the trunk lid