User Tag List

Page 1 of 15 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 1963 Chevy Bel Air Update Dec. 18 2011.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

1963 Chevy Bel Air Update Aug. 9 2012

Its been a while since I posted anything so I decided to start a build thread on my Bel Air.
    This is how I rolled it for the summer 2008.

The car is all original. Never been taken apart. The motor and trans. were getting tired so I decided to pull them out and rebuild them. The motor and trans. were pulled at my work. Didnt have my camera at the time so I didnt get any photos of this.
    When I brought it home and started tearing it apart.

Removed my Keystones since I wont be running them anymore. I will be saving them for another project.

This is a picture of my trans. cross member. If you can see the left side is uneven. This was caused by me running over a metal road cover. (maybe sewage) This thing was 6 inches thick and was dragging under my car, throwing sparks. Sorry no picture of the cover. I had to pull over, call a buddy so i could jack my car up and remove this thing. Lol. The plan is to straighten out the bent bracket which shouldnt be too hard of a job.

The front fenders will need some attention.

New patch panels I got for the front fenders.

Some more rust that will need to get fixed. Not sure if its gonna happen this winter but that is the worst of it. Otherwise this car is solid.

The inner Quarters are solid. Patch pannels on their way.

These are the wheels I will be runnig for the upcoming summer. Was going to chrome them but at $250 each I decided to get them powdercoated instead. They came out flawless.

Another reason I really like these wheels. They are reversed. They barley fit upfront.

Started to tear apart the front end.

Real solid underneath. Was undercoated back in the day.

Got the powerglide back from the shop. Fully rebuilt.

Mans best friend in a Canadian winter. (for those without heated garages)

Front end fully removed.

All the broken bolts and loose rust. What a pain in the ass.

Where it sits as of yesterday.

My realistic plans for this winter are to get the motor rebuilt (which is still at work) Do the patch pannels on front fenders, completley clean up the front end (paint, powdercoat) And have it ready to cruise for the summer. Stay tuned fellas more to come...
    Last edited by Dirt n Potatoes; 08-09-2012 at 10:14 PM.

♠ LBCC British Columbia ♠

User Info Menu

Re: 1963 Chevy Bel Air

right on man, looks like your really goin to town on it, i'm digging your reverse steelies

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Nice progress!!! I'm really diggin the keystones on the car though, but i'm curious to see the black wheels on it.
    RespectPrideLoyalty

♠ LBCC California Chapter President ♠

User Info Menu

I hate rusty bolts.

Looks llike your in for some fun.

When I was a kid my tennis shoes never came in boxes???

♠ LBCC Sweden ♠

User Info Menu

Looking good man!
    1960 Oldsmobile Super 88
    1964 Oldsmobile 442 conv.
    1964 Ford Galaxie 500

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GOOZGAZ
    I hate rusty bolts.
    Unless they belong to your primo.

Your project is looking good man.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Quote Originally Posted by Eryk
    Quote Originally Posted by GOOZGAZ
    I hate rusty bolts.
    Unless they belong to your primo.

Your project is looking good man.
    badgrin.gif
    You guys don't know what rust is.

Ditto on the project comment.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Right on man. I love the '63 sedans!!!

Why rebuild the 'glide though? a TH350 drops right in! Also, lose the single master, get a '67 Nova dual one and split the lines. Much safer!!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Thanks for the support fellas. To answer your question Adamo, I have always had powerglides and I have had good luck with them. I guess they have grown on me. I know they are a primitive transmission but for the cost of rebuilding this one ($500 canadian) I decided to keep it. The brakes have crossed my mind but I serviced and inspected them this last summer and they were in great shape. I will be keeping this set up for the upcoming summer. However I will be upgrading in the near future. My biggest bank breaker will be my motor. I have decided to keep it all OG so the motor might not be done until mid summer. In the mean time I plan to have everything in the front end nice and clean so when I do get the motor done all I will have to do is drop it in and cruise.....

looking good man!
    the reversed painted steelies is a cool idea. are you going to run any kind of center cap?
    it might help to give them some depth.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Re: 1963 Chevy Bel Air Big Update 04/28/09

Well I have been busy over the winter. The whole front end has been removed, cleaned and painted. The frame and firewall have been cleaned and painted. That took forever to do. By now I really hate rust, grease, dirt and undercoat. Fuck.... Anyways all the brackets, rad support and inner wheel wells have been blasted and painted. The rad has been rebuilt and painted. Got myself a new motor. Brand spankin new crate smallblock from gm. Painted the baby cadillac gold....The OG mill is in the garage waiting to be redone..one day. Got some EElco finned aluminum valve covers for it at the swap meet. I love these things. I think they really make it pop. Motor and trans are back in the car and now im just bustin ass with all the little shit to get it done and cruisin for the summer. I sent out my front fenders to my friends to install the bottom patches and shave the antenna hole. They should be done within the next few days.
    What it looks like as of a few days ago.

My new covers

Forgot to mention I will be running baggs in this car. Still in the process of fabbing up the front cups.

I will be running chrome spider caps with my reverse steelies

Some of the parts that have either been rebuilt or just blasted and painted

[IMG]http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll97/milosmartic/117.jpg[/IMG

Now i gotta get back to work. Its too nice out for this car to still be apart and in the garage. Im gonna try to take more pictures as I go, but I tend to zone out when I work so I forget. Later guys.

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Re: 1963 Chevy Bel Air Big Update Apr. 28. 2009

The Bel Air is comin' together very Nice! Now I wish I would have kept my 2dr Biscayne.
    "Lowridin' ain't a sport....It's a way of life!"

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

That dirty work is really paying off and the Eelco's are a very solid addition to that gold mill. Since you've gone this far it would be nothin' to cut a brake line and splice in a second and go the Nova dual reservoir. When is your birthday?
    The only thing on my mind is how good she's running. Labels are for those in need of recognition. - Diém

Dude, I love puppies, dude!

User Info Menu

Nice project!!
    and i LOVE gold engines! my '55 Chevys motor is painted "Universal Gold" looks bitchin dude!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I love that ride with the Keystones...I think it makes it.

I love the motor...Nice job!

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

Nice details, Really digging the eelco valve covers. Engine looks like a jewel!
    Outside of society, they're waitin' for me.

http://faceoffumanchu.blogspot.com/

"Fuck that! I'm not scared. I'll go cruising by myself!"
    -eric

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Thanks for the comments guys. Im really gonna get down on this thing within the next couple of weeks and get it put together and try to get it running. I wanna break in the motor this summer before I take for a trip to boneville for speed week in Aug. Stay tuned more to come.

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt n Potatoes
    Thanks for the comments guys. Im really gonna get down on this thing within the next couple of weeks and get it put together and try to get it running. I wanna break in the motor this summer before I take for a trip to boneville for speed week in Aug. Stay tuned more to come.
    Bonneville rules its a good time.Are you gonna run it on the salt?
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Yeah im pretty stoked for the bonneville road trip. I will be heading down there with a few friends who are more less hot rod guys who wanna run their cars on the salt. I had no plans of doing any runs, just hanging out and takin in the scenery. Anyways, I did some more work today on the car and the front end is starting to take shape. I will post more pictures within the next few days.

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

We'll have to meet up at the salt.though this year prolly not takin the wagon might be runnin a car this year.if my buddy doesnt sell it.
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o