User Tag List

Thread: PhotoChopping rides

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cixpack View Post
    Eryk! That is superb ! Very subtle and classy !
    Thanks!

I just wanted to see Meser's car on Caddy Sabers.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Eryk you are the MAN!!! I'm totally digging the color matched roof with the flake, this combo didn't even cross my mind but that's exactly why this thread (and board) rules so much. And to top it off you shaved the door handles and mirror, I've been contemplating this for a while and it's great to see what it could potentially look like. It's amazing how little custom touches define the overall look of a car. bravo to you Sir!

Cixpack, my hats off to you too! That pink version with the wires is tits and I like how you chopped the side spear in half. Well done mate.
    The coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Spent the morning fucking around on this car and listening to the Faint. I'm proud of this one. 73 Pontiac Lemans Sport coupes arent everyone's first choice when they think of a 70's lowrider. IMO, early 70's Pontiacs make the best lowriders. I had to give it 76 monte carlo square headlights though.

Here's the original.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eryk View Post
    Meser, I treated your car very similar to the one above that B did. But that year Caddy has really defined recesses to fade. On yours, I just did long panels on both sides of the spear and did fade outlines to create that look. I originally did a silver roof on your car, but I changed it to almost body color and it really brought it down alot. Makes the car look longer. The texture is flake, but it doesnt look that realistic. You get the idea though. My favorite flake job that I've owned is my 62 Tbird. The body was that og ford seafoam greenish blue. The top was flaked in almost the same color but super sparkly with simple teal fades along the edges of the panels. I loved that color combo.

Sick job!! It's just beautiful!
    "The world can be a crappy and negative place sometimes, so it goes a long way when something as simple and irrelevant as a car can bring a huge smile to someone's face." - Rasputin

http://wheelsareeverything.com/

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    What can be done to really make my future wagon stand out?

You could start by putting it in my driveway! Man that's got potential IMO.....
    "The world can be a crappy and negative place sometimes, so it goes a long way when something as simple and irrelevant as a car can bring a huge smile to someone's face." - Rasputin

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Regarding that 73 Pontiac Eryk..... dude, you're killing me! Sick!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Spent the morning fucking around on this car and listening to the Faint. I'm proud of this one. 73 Pontiac Lemans Sport coupes arent everyone's first choice when they think of a 70's lowrider. IMO, early 70's Pontiacs make the best lowriders. I had to give it 76 monte carlo square headlights though.

Here's the original.
    That is a beauty and the changes really fit it.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by markk13 View Post
    You could start by putting it in my driveway! Man that's got potential IMO.....
    Thanks that is why I don't want to restore it. I want to do it up and enjoy it.

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

I'm proud of this one. 73 Pontiac Lemans Sport coupes arent everyone's first choice when they think of a 70's lowrider.
    Damn. Why you gotta let the cat out of the bag?
    I've been wanting to do a pointy Lemans like that for a while. Now the prices are going to skyrocket.

Seriously though, seems like people only think about the GPs when it comes to '70s Pontiacs, but the Grand Am/LeMans have crazy potential. I don't have the desire to ever do a full on '70s style car, but I have a short list of '73-78 models that I'm always on the lookout for that would make for a killer "hack the springs and put my Rockets on" clean summer driver. I'm glad that it seems like everyone wants a glasshouse, it frees up all the cool stuff for those with more discriminating tastes.
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Damn. Why you gotta let the cat out of the bag?
    I've been wanting to do a pointy Lemans like that for a while. Now the prices are going to skyrocket.

Seriously though, seems like people only think about the GPs when it comes to '70s Pontiacs, but the Grand Am/LeMans have crazy potential. I don't have the desire to ever do a full on '70s style car, but I have a short list of '73-78 models that I'm always on the lookout for that would make for a killer "hack the springs and put my Rockets on" clean summer driver. I'm glad that it seems like everyone wants a glasshouse, it frees up all the cool stuff for those with more discriminating tastes.
    You did a beautiful job with it. I was thinking about my Cordoba but I decided to sell it after getting my wagon.

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

You did a beautiful job with it. I was thinking about my Cordoba but I decided to sell it after getting my wagon.
    You too!?!

Cordobas are also on my list!!!

For real. Cordobas are the shit.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    You too!?!

Cordobas are also on my list!!!

For real. Cordobas are the shit.
    Yeah mine is a 78 Model. I don't think it will pass in AZ after we move there since the original lean burn system has been tossed and electronic ignition installed before I bought it. It has 78-79 Dodge Magnum doors on it. I have a picture in my intro thread. If you want I can post more pictures if you like.

♠ LBCC Chicagoland ♠

User Info Menu

looks awesome eryk. love those sport coupe look. says "america" to me.

messin' with meser's.
    the spear cuts the ride in half, so why not use that. the ankle line fade actually lifts the car a bit. but still works despite the contradiction.

♠ LBCC Chicagoland ♠

User Info Menu

What can be done to really make my future wagon stand out?

I really wanna take a stab at this one - but the lighting, coloration on the rear fender makes shaving it tough. you got some different pics?

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ooo000ooo View Post
    I really wanna take a stab at this one - but the lighting, coloration on the rear fender makes shaving it tough. you got some different pics?
    Here is a direct link. I didn't take these pictures the owner that I am buying it from did.

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s...ation%20Wagon/

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

love those sport coupe look. says "america" to me.
    Brian said it all with three words.

Sport coupe and america.

The car for the man that's on top of his game in 1965.

Who needs a Ferrari when you're rolling a two-door deville on steel slots and redlines?

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Looks like a hotwheel.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Ras and Brian, you guys are killing me with these awesome chops. It's making me reconsider my life's priorities - MUST PURCHASE CADDY WIRES.
    The coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken.

♠ LBCC Chicagoland ♠

User Info Menu

go with stainless. go with god.

http://www.hobbycar.com/cadillac.html

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

ultimate goals for my '62:
    misty blue pearl with richer accents in the 'dent', shaved (hood spears, front plate, mirrors, handles), custom grill (5 '62 grill center bars stacked), on caddy wires, interior remains stock (maybe with the addition of small chain wheel).

SIC! Looks fuckin puuuurrrfect!