User Tag List

Thread: PhotoChopping rides

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seven-11 View Post
    Attachment 3778Attachment 3779Attachment 3780
    I'm in Cixpac. Here are some shots of my Newport, they are 1600x1200, so they should be big enough to work with, use whatever pic works for you. I'm contemplating a wheel change when funds are available, most likely Supremes, but I've wondered what some old school Rader or Caddy wires would look like on it. I also thought about the idea of painting the top of the roof in a 'flake silver or champagne, maybe just a bolder shade of green, with a panel area in that color on that massive C-pillar. Just some ideas I've been kicking around, but, go as mild or wild as you want, just interesting to see what someone could do with this mile long yacht. Thanks for the offer. Mike
    Ok, pics are fine, so do the fuselage! I'll try both supremes and raders.

BTW, how many inches did you lower your car ? Did you simply cut springs ? This is the kind of stance I want for my chevy ...

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Harco View Post
    Wow great work guys! i hardly dare to ask but ive been thinking of doing some work on my 66 galaxie.. what im thinking of is doing it in 1 solid collor.. a shiney metalic/small flake Pink or Green and ajusting the stance slammed.. and a wheel change to Chrome reversed. And remove the bellflowers.. and i would love to see how that would look. Im not a photoshop wizz so could one of you guys do some magic for me???
    Replicating a metallic finish is pretty hard when starting with a white car. I'm sure someone with real skills can pull it off but its not me.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Thank you Rasputin !!! i like the green... but the pink also has its charme.. it would stand out for shure. and its also nice to see the chrome wheels.. i think ill tend to keep the supremes for now when i look at how it looks like with the chrome reverse .. thank you for putting my thoughts into a picture. somehow in my toughts it looked better, so this saved me Time and work haha.. i think ill have to let my mind loose on this. my car probably isnt the best car to start of with, but its is my baby and im damn proud of it and after 5 years still amazed that i actually own it. So i will keep looking till i find the look that suits the car, and the era i want it to represent.

I want it to look like a car that a would be owned by working class car guy that cruised the boulevards in the beginning of the 70's.. Not a showcar but a car that gets her fair share of Time Love and Attention so it looks good for cruising and picking up hot chicks on the boulevard. Ill do more research.. Thank you again Rasputin.

Enough about me so......Back to the photoshops!!

-Greetz Harco Dykejumper
    Last edited by Harco; 12-27-2010 at 01:28 PM. Reason: grammar!!! lol

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Regarding the Eldorado.....

Thanks cixpack and evilgenius!

Eryk, yeah that was one of those "lottery ticket dreams"!
    "The world can be a crappy and negative place sometimes, so it goes a long way when something as simple and irrelevant as a car can bring a huge smile to someone's face." - Rasputin

http://wheelsareeverything.com/

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

I did what I call an "eyeball" lowering job on it. I took a guess at how low I could go and still have the car ride decently and ended up using 2 1/2 inch lowering blocks from Speedway on the rear and then we cranked down the torsion bars on the front until it was level when I stood back and "eyeballed" (or looked at) it. It was lower by about 3 3/4 to 4 inches when we were done, and it still rides pretty well, although it could use a set of really good gas charged shocks all around and new shorter urethane bump stops out back to make the ride a bit more controlled. I have that planned for this spring when the weather gets nicer here (it's 15 degrees F and there's 7 inches of snow on the ground here right now). Cheers! Mike

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Thought I'd try my had at seven-11's Chrysler.

Assuming that the interior is green I went with a green-gold that walks the line between elegant and offensive. Added Skylark wires to keep it toward the elegant side and dropped it further to mimic a Tinman-low MoPar stance.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Hell yeah! I'm digging all the Chryslers!

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Harco View Post
    somehow in my toughts it looked better, so this saved me Time and work haha..
    Your ideas looked better in my head too.

I think the car has more potential than the p-shops show. As I said, it can be difficult generating realistic-looking metallic finishes when playing with an image of a white car.

Maybe someone else can bring out some greater glory from those shots.

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Brown with Kelsey-Hayes wheels off a Mercury Marauder X-400

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Rasputin, Both are bitchin! The seats are actually a green-gold color so that would really work. I'm diggin' the Marauder wheels, that is an outside the norm choice but it works on this car. Might have to scour the swap meet for some of those. Yeah, if I could only get my Lo-Par as low as Tinman.... Thanks for your work and the ideas, I appreciate it!

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

I'm diggin' the Marauder wheels, that is an outside the norm choice but it works on this car. Might have to scour the swap meet for some of those.
    I've always had a thing for those Marauder wheels. They stand out to me over regular KH magstars because of the large flat hub and narrow windows. I would love to source a set for my Catalina but I changed the bolt pattern, they should be the same bolt circle as your Chrysler though.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

All right rasputin! These wheels are unique and very stylish! Very good idea. And once again killer job on 'shop, you're quick as hell.
    I did not even finish my first version of the chrysler...

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Gotta say, I think you nailed it with those K-H wheels Rasputin, same bolt pattern as the Chrysler, bolt on coolness, even with the stock avocado green paint they'd look killer. I had been thinking I'd just go with some Supremes when I got the funding, but now i have to say that I am going to search for some of those while I save up some $$$. Great call, thanks for the insight. Cix - no worries, no hurry I just appreciate the work and any ideas.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Finally!

I kept the paint and just aded a flaked silver roof and some pinstriping. I'm no pinstriper, so I did it "freestyle"... sorry.

One with the supremes and lighten freestyle pinstripes

And one with radirs and original pistripes... Heavy and messy!

Just misses the V antenna (how the f. do they call it ?).

About the eyeball lowering... All right you did not cut any spring, I forgot about the magical mopar front suspensions... thanks for the lil' story!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cixpack View Post
    Finally!

Nailed it.
    Lord, I question whether I've had my fill. Lord, I question whether I can take much more.

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Gotta say, I think you nailed it with those K-H wheels Rasputin, same bolt pattern as the Chrysler, bolt on coolness, even with the stock avocado green paint they'd look killer. I had been thinking I'd just go with some Supremes when I got the funding, but now i have to say that I am going to search for some of those while I save up some $$$. Great call, thanks for the insight. Cix - no worries, no hurry I just appreciate the work and any ideas.
    Badass. I love those wheels. Don't know what they go for but I'm guessing you could score a set for cheap. Innovation often comes at a discount.

Always wanted to see them used in a custom application; not most people's first choice but perfectly fit the era of your car. I like the notion of re-establishing what a period custom can be. Experiments in automotive time travel that go off course.

My brain would smoke if you rolled those wheels on double stripe tires and got the car down another inch or two.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

This thread is dangerously close to becoming the shit...
    I think we can do better than that...

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    This thread is dangerously close to becoming the shit...
    Digital optical trickery aint shit compared to how you roll for real.

Respect to the lowest rolling Chrysler seen round these ways.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Damn bud... thanks!

Now I gotta go see if I've got some pics of my car... might as well have you help me do some thinking out loud since we're here, huh? Share with the class and all that hippie shit?
    I think we can do better than that...

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Tinman View Post
    Share with the class and all that hippie shit?
    Hippies go to school?

I would like to eat the brownies they have on snack day at the hippie school.