User Tag List

Thread: Roger Miret's 54 Chevy (so fucking far away)

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

The attention to details is beyond expectation, for real... Mike has skills that only come from passion. Yep, It's in his heart! Great work brother and looking forward to next week!

♠ LBCC Ambassador ♠

User Info Menu

Nice work Mike! This is going to be a killer custom!
    There's no I in barbeque team.

♠ LBCC So Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Youre killing it Mike!!!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

This I know when that 54 is done, it will be Gorgeous

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Checked it out today Mike, its looking great! Nicely done as usual.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

cool project
    ¤¤¤ Maxwell Kustoms ¤¤¤

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Mike, VERY NICE work. looks killer. great talking to ya on the phone, and glad you guys are all impressed by my work on Rogers airbags. its a huge compliment, and I really appreciate it.

lemme see if I can answer some questions,....

the tubing is .049 wall welded seam bright stainless. we use this exclusively on all our airbag jobs ( i would post pics or other stuff but dont want to highjack the thread..lol)

I do both, flare and bite style crimps, depending on the situation.

the valves are THE BEST VALVES on the market. not originally designed for this application, but for automatic robotics. these are also the ONLY valves we use exclusivley. I keep them in stock and they sell for 110.00 ea. anodized 150.00 ea polished. they are great. zero maintenence, dependable, just plain badass.

I will be back on in a couple hours to post some pics up of some of the fab work, and thanks again mike for the credit, and to all the guys who liked the setup

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Jason super sick work on the bags bro!

♠ LBCC Resident Therapist ♠

User Info Menu

ECUSTOMS, thanks for coming on this thread!

Looking forward to some pics of the fab work... from what's been posted so far shit is sick!
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

thanks slammednflaked. dont know if you remember me, but i used to be the first LB sites hydro/bag guru, per request..lol

ok well these are old pics,( back when we used to buy bracket and suspension components, before we started manufacturing our own)... rearend was pretty straight forward

cut out...

since the car still had an enclosed driveshaft, we 2linked the rear retaining stock front leafspring hangers and new axle brackets (using the driveshaft itself as the 3rd link)

simple c-notch

bridged and panhard

then started sealing it up

in the front, we clearenced the factory spring perch, to clear the bag, and reinforced it

lower arms were cut, plated and sides reshaped to clear expansion of bags in the dumped position

these funky looking top bag cups I been making for years by hand, now I just make em on my cnc and weld em together. the side mounts are to match the ones on the spring perch. its easier than just a threaded rod thru the center and leaves room inside the cup for hardline tightening. keep in mind this car is hardlined ALL THE WAY to the bags, so the tightening happens when the bag is completely mounted!

also while it was here, I added some teeth to the grill

got our hands on some one piece bumpers and rechromed em

and I dunno if anyone noticed, but I machined off the "offenhouser" and hand engraved "rumblers" in its place
    Last edited by EMPIRE CUSTOMS; 12-30-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

clllleeeeannnn.

mi gusta
    Flaco
    La Onda don't shine shoes.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

it came out well, sits nice and low. not all the way out, but originally this car was gonna be for roger and the family, so we needed to lay it out to a point where it could still get home should he have some type of failure in the airbag system. so this is it laid out with about 3/4"-1" ground clearence to get home

oh,.. also had the interior redone

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Very impressive work.

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

NICE!!!
    Just call me Taboo. Collar popped, fuck off........

64 caddy 6 window sedan deville

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

dang,I had a 54 and boy howdee,this car makes me want another one! just amazing~
    Pendleton Mafia!!

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

This is incredible guys. Jason, Mike, Roger ... you guys are gonna kill it with this build. And I'll be buying a couple of those valves when I bag my car, for sure. Killer. Thanks for sharing ...

Arizona ROCKS!!!

J.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crazeejohn View Post
    This is incredible guys. Jason, Mike, Roger ... you guys are gonna kill it with this build. And I'll be buying a couple of those valves when I bag my car, for sure. Killer. Thanks for sharing ...

Arizona ROCKS!!!

J.
    X2 ! Yes... thanks for taking the time to detail this beauty. A new source for some cool valves... I like robots and I think they like me.
    The only thing on my mind is how good she's running. Labels are for those in need of recognition. - Diém

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Rock and fuckin' Roll Mike..!!! that car is coming along nicely..!! Stoked to see a progress report for sure..!!
    ♠ 1965 Buick Riviera ♠
    ♠ 1952 Chevy Truck ♠
    ♠ 1938 Ford Deluxe Coupe ♠

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...uirrelrivi.jpg

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

wow the car looks amazing, very nice work guys
    Merry Christmas, SHITTERS Full

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

So much awesome on this build. The bezels are simply perfect. I might have sid this already but if i'll ever get to be half as good as Mike at metalwork i'll be a happy kid the rest of my days.

As for the Empire aircraft valves dont sound too expensive at 110 each considerin how cool they are.
    The set up is incredible too, one of the cleanest ive ever seen. And the engraving on the manifold is a touch of art. Little big details that will make this car unique.
    Sent from my ouiji board with black magic powers

- I Bomb Mes3 -