User Tag List

Page 1 of 27 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Roger Miret's 54 Chevy (so fucking far away)

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

Roger Miret's 54 Chevy (so fucking far away)

So a little over 2 weeks ago Jimmy (Il Gimmi) hooked me up with Roger (Rumblers C.C.) to do some work on his 54. Went and checked the car out, and it was a rock solid car. Roger had just got the car back from Tucson where he had the interior done, and had all the air suspension done by Empire Customs. Holy Fuck, did they do a bang up job. EDC under the hood, everything hardlined in polished stainless steel lines, aircraft valves, so dope. Roger had solid ideas where he wanted to go with the car, and of course I had my 2 cents to throw in. His vision was something like what a high school kid would cruise in the late fifties, and it seems somewhere along the road this thing is starting to evolve. Here's some pics of it as it arrived at the shop.

Last edited by F-U Manchu!; 07-18-2011 at 07:42 AM.
    Outside of society, they're waitin' for me.

http://faceoffumanchu.blogspot.com/

"Fuck that! I'm not scared. I'll go cruising by myself!"
    -eric

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

Like I said this is a very minimal rust car. Nice change of pace. The main issues where the left and right rear quarters, bottom of the passenger door, and the drivers side rocker. I wanted to get as much done as possible before i left for X-mas break. Here's the damage...

Some of the stuff i didn't get pics of. This was some east bound and down shit. Here's some of the patches I fabbed...

I still lack fixing the rust in the drivers side rocker. Everything was tacked with MIG, then TIG welded.

-eric

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

On to the custom stuff. Roger wanted the gas door, handles, badges, and lock cylinder shaved.

Here's the patch for the gas door. This guy I gas welded in being it's on such a low crown panel. The whole rear of the car is already in primer, so this was the only pic I've got. Plus no pics of the holes for the handles or lock cylinder welded shut. Here's where I geeked out a bit. I've always hated that wire that come with door popper kits, plus I wanted to build this shit like a tank. There was a bunch of carb linkage stuff laying around, all ball and socket joints with threaded adjustable ends, lock nuts, 1/4 inch rod, so I used that stuff to fab all the linkage.

Here's the setup mocked up on the passenger door

and here's the linkage and setup on the trunk

Super Massive overkill. But you know what? I doubt he'll ever get locked out.

He was on the fence as far as frenched antennas. I put together a little "presentation" to try to persuade him, and he dug it. They are such a guilty pleasure for me. haha.

I made the housing out of DOM tubing. I always forget to index regular tubing with that welded seam! haha. Also notice that one serves as a functioning antenna, and the other serves as a push button, for super secret shit. the antenna masts still need to be trimmed down. I know they are not electric, but it's just the way I like to do 'em, and Roger's stoked.

-eric

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

He also wanted to do 55 chevy headlight bezels. When we started this build I dug through my little books from 56 to 59 for inspiration, and found a 54 with the most gorgeous execution of 55 bezels in a 54. I used that pic as a guideline. I also had been givin a link from the **** of a swap someone had done, and theirs did look good, but for the life of me i do not see how it was done in so few steps. Here's what I ended up with.

Sorry for all the pics of that headlight, I just had alot of fun doing it! Not bad for 2 weeks of work. Most of the car is sitting in primer. I still got a bunch more to do. Hopefully after the holidays Roger should be helping out a bit at the shop and we can get this bad little girl knocked out. Plus I'm working on him to let me spray some of that murano I've been sitting on. We'll see what mysteries the future holds.
    Last edited by F-U Manchu!; 12-25-2010 at 06:56 AM.

-eric

♠ LBCC Skinny Jeans ♠

User Info Menu

Badass work Mike

Knock that shit out Brother and then you can work on my tube grill...Ooops thats a secret
    I don't do build threads, I just build.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Good lord this car is gonna be titties. I'm so jealous of the 55 Eyebrows. I sold Roger my bezels cause I thought I was over it and now I wish I hand't, haha. What about the other secret push buttons????

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Il Gimmi View Post
    What about the other secret push buttons????
    Well, They are secret. It's one thing I'm stoked on. Customs used to have a bunch of little electric gizmo's and gadgets, and it's just something you don't see that often. It's gonna be fun doing some little touches in that "flavor".

-eric

Carlow
    Hell yeah Mike looks like another cool project!

Those antennas are badass...

Dude, I love puppies, dude!

User Info Menu

Proud of you Mike, can't wait to see this project progress.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

wow mike that is some craftmansship! love the bezels!

♠ LBCC Sweden ♠

User Info Menu

damn.. that really looks sweet! nice work
    1959 Buick Invicta Conv.
    1963 Pontiac Bonneville Coupe

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Wow, you do great work man....its kool to see Roger finally got a 54 & one that is solid as hell. He almost bought mine waaay back when my divorce was just starting & he was getting ready to move to Arizona. I miss that car esp cause i sold it to someone who i 'thought' was my friend for cheap & did the whole 'gentleman handshake/I'm a man of my word' promise to me that he'd sell it back after i was clear by the lawyers only to E-Bayed it that week to double his money....So someday i'd like to get another one...Only owned like 5 over the years...lolol

Cant wait to see this finished..

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Nice job Mike love the headlights, man!
    1969 Mercury Montego MX -- ¡Cállate la boca!
    Roach Motel II -- 1968 Fairlane 500 Wagon

"Two on the street is worth more than 20 on the board." -- 64sled

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Hahahahaha so glad you finally got a breather to hit tha computer with an update.

Everything is everything. Good show.
    Flack
    La Onda don't shine shoes.

♠ Chicago Chapter ♠

User Info Menu

Very nice work, Headlight looks great
    Fuckin a Right!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I really like the carb link on the door. Roger

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Man that shit looks killer.

What kit did you use for the doors ?

I just found out the secret , . . . . . . . but i aint saying
    Last edited by lgh1157; 12-25-2010 at 09:46 AM.
    PANEL BEATERS C.C - WE GOT GREASE UNDER OUR NAILS, NOT IN OUR HAIR

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

AWESOME work as usual brotha! Coming out great! The solenoid setup is pure genius!!!!
    Just call me Taboo. Collar popped, fuck off........

64 caddy 6 window sedan deville

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Dude, your work looks Great! Thats gonna be bad ass! Got to see some of it in person last week, Your a mad man! Hope their was some X-mas beers left for ya! lol Got to meet Rodger also, seems like a "Real" car guy! Great ta see ya on the board, Hope you had a great Christmas!

gatoloco63
    Fucking nice loco