User Tag List

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: whats your story?

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

This thread is seriously tripping me out. Getting some personal history and info about you guys is humanizing you in a way that just hanging out once (or twice) and making sarcastic and rediculous comments at each other has ever done. Now, don't get me wrong, all of you crazy, talented, funny, knowledgable fuckers that I've had any contact with, whether in person or on the board, have been nothing but awesome. But reading these posts, as you guys spill your guts, to what amounts to nothing but casual acquaintences (and a few close friends, and who knows how many strangers) united by a passion for the art that is the custom car (truck, van, bike, etc), is blowing my mind grapes! Mad props to edog for starting this thread, and much respect to everyone who's had (and has) the guts to share here. This is the kinda thing that made me dig this club and this board from the get go. People are #1 with the cars comin in a very close second. You don't see that in most of society, let alone a group of guys devoted to rolling shrines. The cars are why we're here, but it's because of the people that we stay. Praise be to the Lowered.

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Haha, it would almost just be easier to post my resume! (which is sort of what we're all doing, anyway.) Here goes:

1969 - 1976: Snot-nosed kid. Worked a few traditional jobs like service stations (back then they weren't just "gas stations") and drive-in restaraunts. Spent a few months in jail twice, once for selling pot to a narc and the other time for not paying some 14 traffic tickets from LA county. My uncle was into the LA chopper scene and was always building cars & bikes -- my interest in cars and motorcycles comes from him alone and he advised me on several projects (1965 F100, 1972 Torino, 1969 Mustang). RIP Uncle Donald.

1976 - 1996: Worked as an electronics technician and later computer programmer on the navy base in Ridgecrest. Continued my interest in cars and bikes during most of this time, and build a few nice trucks, cars, and motorcycles.

1996 - 2004: Went back to college to earn my degree (2 actually) after realizing that I couldn't go any further in salary without it. During this time I completely dropped my interests in motor vehicles. I barely picked up a tool during this whole time.

2005 - 2006: Taught mathematics to middle-school kids in the Bakersfield area. Still did nothing with cars/bikes.

2006 - 2009: Worked at a local (well, sort of local) community college as a programmer analyst, and got back into the car hobby.

2010: Trying to build 2 cars with no job, no income, and no money.
    1969 Mercury Montego MX -- ¡Cállate la boca!
    Roach Motel II -- 1968 Fairlane 500 Wagon

"Two on the street is worth more than 20 on the board." -- 64sled

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Jeez
    Only child. So i guess there never was anyhope for me anyway.
    Grew up in the Midlands of England. Effectively left the school system when i was 13 and have always wished i hadn't. I didnt miss the education but now realise that a lack of study skills can really hobble a horse. My only real interests were/are automotive i think it was no coincidence i left school when they cancelled Vehicular design and Engineering and replaced it with woodwork, "No i dont want to learn how to build a Sled", which is kind of funny as i now live in Canada, the previous year built a hoovercraft. fast forward 15 years of hanging out no, real jobs doing what people who dont work and dont want to be poor do.I'm not from a culture that calls that addiction, but i was an addict. Decide to Go to University study Architecture in London, study for a few years lost some real good friends in dubious circumstances. I choose not to finish school again..... sell my house put everything in 2 rucksacksand Go to live in America, start my own Photography business, do Magazine features for a bunch of Adult magazines for a few years, get tired of that Go and live inAustralia for a couple of years,end up in Management job,enough said. Immigrate to Canada, where i now live, i have one gorgeous daughter from a failed marriage, Drive a Bus which i actually like (although it does make me king of the sh*theads)and have a wonderful wife who i actually met through driving. That and a halfbreed wolf who i rescued from the pound.
    I love everyday i get and at times i feel the past catching up with me the aches and pains get more and the blue flashes at the edge of the vision can be freaky, I never though i would live to be 30 and now im nearly 40 so who knows whats possible. Much thanks and appreciation to all here on the board. It takes you all to make it what it is.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

awesome thread. I finally had a chance to sit down and read it.

My story is not so interesting. I was born in Cherokee, Al. It's a town of less than 1000 people. Dad was a trucker, mom stayed at home. My dad has always been into restoring old cars and now he's gotten into old tractors. I guess I get my love for this shiz from him.
    Punk rock kid throughout school. One of the only people from my graduating class of 33 to finish college. Majored in Journalism and Photography, but that hasn't gotten me very far. Currently i'm working in a book-a-million warehouse stacking books for a little over min. wage. Can't wait to find something new. Been skateboarding since i was 11. I play upright bass in a rockabilly band and electric bass in a garage rock band.
    First car was a 67 Mustang, which I sold after a year of owning it. Bought a SUV and focused on music until I was 19, then I started getting backinto cars. First hot rod wa a 41 chevy truck, then I got a 53 chevy 4-door that I built into a custom. Currently i'm building a 62 impala 4-foor.
    Nothing very special, but oh well, there's my imput to this awesome thread.

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Love this thred thanks edogg. Well I don't know where to start I was a baaad kid growin up if you looked at me wrong we was fightin so therefore I got kicked out of every school district in the state of Arizona then the usual drama of court and people hating me so I got sick of looki. Over my shoulder and out my ass to work figuring I was a toughguy I would be a bouncer in some of the shittiest bars and strip clubs around got hooked up with a friend who told me I was wasting my talent and I should persue gettin a job painting cars. So I did and became the top painer for a company here in phx where I would train all the newbies and such. Went on to become an accident investigator. Éstimator. For. A big three car company then I decided to go back into painting since that's all I know I've studied it I've tastes it I can make colors with my eyes closed. This is where my life changed for the best I quit fighting and got married and became responsible I have been fiight free for 11years. And don't plan on it ever again I guess that's why I'm so layed back now I went back to school recently and got my Ase certifications in estimating.frame and structure pulling .paint and body also got my icar certs too .now I work for the main bus company in phx as a lead tech in the bodyshop also as most of you know have a shop to build my stuff and occasionally make some side money.wow this is just like a resume lol
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o

♠ LBCC Inland Empire ♠

User Info Menu

wow!!!!!!!!!! this realy blows my mind. l never thought that this would get such a huge respone. I love reading all your stories. this is what I love about this board. no fucking ego's and you are all real people. well i guess it's my turn. moved to riverside,ca in 1979 when i was 5. since the age of 4 i started working with my dad doing plumbing. he started his buisness in '77. every summer and weekend i spent most my time till i was 15 cruising around orange county in his
    '66 ford f100 doing plumbing work. in high school i got really into graphic arts and printing shirts. if i was'nt running all over riverside skateboarding i was going to punk shows at Spanky's cafe. got heavy into VW's around '90 my first car was a '58 single cab. bought with money i saved from working with my old man. graduated in '92. spent some time att RCC community college fixing up my single cab. learning bodywork and upholstery. got a job building block walls in '93. that lasted about a year. then i got a job building diesiel trailers for Consaledated Frieghtways. i did everything in that plant from tearing apart old trailers to every single aspect of building new ones. thats were i realy learned the mechanics of painting. nothing like painting 15 trailers in 8 hours. the company moved to arkansas in '97 and i did'nt feel like joining them.
    went back to work for my dad driving my own truck running service calls. i was living with a couple friends at the time that were all artist. some who have become very well known and sucsessful in the art community. (Eryk have you ever heard of Jeff Soto or Maxx242 both started out in graff and went on to become big in the fine arts.) anyway being into cars and knowing how to paint and being around artists it was a natural thing for me to start doing custom paint. one day i baught a striping brush and decided i would teach myself how to use it. from there it was airbrushing and flames. then candies and flake and pearls. every single thing i know about custom painting i have learned on my own. no mentors or teachers. just trial and error.my love for everything custom led to me opening my own art gallery in 2001. Three Deuces in riverside. we were only open for a year. the world was'nt ready for it yet! we had some killer shows there though. my partner was the singer for Los Infernos and every art show we did we had band play. the last show we did was a the first all Japanese groupe show. we had 33 japanese kustom Kulture artist it was insane they all came over for the show. we even had Agent Orange play in the gallery.During this period I was also building my own custom funiture and doing artwork and vending at car shows. I even got to travel to Japan and Germany doing pinstriping. Insane times.
    after Three Deuces i started building my Tbird. I did the entire car short of the engine rebuild myself. then in 2004 i decided to open my own shop doing cars. from paint to airide and chops we did it all. My partner this time was my friend Randy of Imperial HotRods. we were open for 4 years. now keep in mind this was all after my day job of 40 plus hours a week doing plumbing, then every day after work and weekends id be at my shop till about midnight. somtimes till 3am. all the wile trying to do my own projects plus my family. I also started painting bikes with SaraRay for SuckerPunch Sally's. after 4 years i was done. so burnt out, i closed the shop and moved back to my home shop. I had to reconnect with my family. I was missing everything my doughter was doing. not to mention my wife Tiffany that I am so thankful for. she takes a back seat to all my bullshit and never complains. We have been together 13 years and been married 5. my daughter just turned 11 and she also plays the guitar. well I guess thats my story up to this point. thanks all of you for shareing yours.
    Last edited by edog; 10-14-2010 at 09:21 PM.
    you said it was a good size! www.edogkustoms.blogspot.com

I LOVE donks and track suits.

User Info Menu

Well, I'll throw my .02 in here as well, although I'm little more than a glorified lurker on the LBCC boards.

Born and raised on a farm in Central Alberta. I graduated with the same 24 people I went to kindergarten with +/- one or two people. Typical childhood on the farm, working with cattle and the land. Didn't respect or realize what I had at the time, sure wish I would have realized how lucky I truly was to be growing up where I was instead of looking back now and wishing I'd have paid more attention. When I was 12 my Dad showed me American Graffiti and that was the beginning of the end for me. Developed a deep appreciation for all things vintage (Clothes, cars, farm equipment, furniture, music you name it) Was the only kid in my school with blue hair, haha, only got sent home once for wearing a Bad Religion shirt (Fuck Armageddon, this is Hell! didn't go over will in the Bible belt) Graduation year my mother's brother, my Uncle Charles, passed away from cancer so we had to take over his harvest (with the help of close friends and neighbors of course) spent 2 months straight with one day off (no shit) in a truck or combine. I was annoyed that I had to stay back on the farm a few extra months and goddamn when harvest was done I was off the farm so fast...truly ashamed of how I was acting at the time, but I've never complained about work here in the city being difficult so it looks like I learned something! That was 2004.

Did the college thing, didn't go into the industry after graduation. Bounced around at a few different menial jobs for a couple years, in this time my love for everything old came back on strong and I bought a '53 Chevy 4-door. Dated a girl for just over two years, hindsight is always 20/20 and I should have appreciated what I had a little more but I never did anything deserving of her leaving me for my room mate (someone I trusted and respected deeply, that will teach me) Soon after starting at the job I currently work, apprentice parts person/ warehousing employee. Work is OK, not what I really want to be doing but it's a good paycheck and once I have my ticket I will always have something to 'fall back on'. Sold the '53, bought a '28 Model A coupe that I'm building into a late 50's hot rod with the help of my friends and fellow Old Souls members. Also had a '59 GMC pickup in there for a few months haha. In all honesty, I want to take traditional barbering once I have my Parts ticket and I see theres a couple barbers on here so I now know I have people to ask about the options available! Can't remember when I found the LBCC, it was on the old boards, but I peek in almost daily and get a real kick out of this place. Many thanks to all who make it possible!!!

Jeeze, this reads like a small, boring, novel haha.

*edit* I still go back to the farm on a regular basis to help out. I can't help it, it's in my blood haha
    Last edited by Old-Soul; 10-15-2010 at 07:16 AM.
    I don't know much but I do know this,
    with a golden heart come a rebel fist
    I can't help agreeing with those who would not quit.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

dam! e dog what a great idea starting this topic. very interesting reading. i envy all of you who had the chance to go college.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by swankey1 View Post
    20 yrs. in construction industry 10 of those years in commercial HVAC . PMS ( POOR MEXICAN SYNDROME ) not by choice . Alcoholic by genetics homeless on the beach for 3 years by choice . Clean snd sober for 4.5 yrs. Going to school for Alcohol and substance abuse counseling .. I guess i,am in the right spot with all you drunks ..
    Most importantly I,am a father to 3 boys , 2 of them i have had custody of since they were 3 and 5 now they're 15 and 17 . And my little one is 8 he lives with his mom behind the Orange curtain .

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Didn't expect this to get so deep when I posted my first pretty vague response. Guess I'll elaborate.

Grew up in the east bay. Super UBER religious family. Had the usual teen issues. Left home many a times. Skater, punk rocker. Moved out ASAP. After highschool went to cal state hayward for a semester then dropped out. Worked part time at Rasputins (those not from the bay area, an awesome record store, pre itunes). Skated a solid 5-8 hours a day. After about 6 months of that realized I needed to do something cause I was broke. Ended up getting into a union electrician apprenticeship. Been an electrician since. Though also continued to skate, and play bass in a band. Got to know other new friends, and got a gig up in petaluma at the phoenix theater. My GF at the time recently moved up there too, so visiting new friends in a pretty big local band was easier. After some time, got asked to join that band. So I packed up, moved up there. Union had work for me, GF lived there, and a kickass new band to play in. About a year and a half of fun, touring, playing shows and living the life. Our band got signed to a label with The Adicts, Exploited, Funeral Dress, Total Chaos, and some others, right before I was left/kicked out of the band, haha. Knew Brooke since before I moved up there, but this is more or less when we started dating. Anyhow, we got married, I still have my same job. Now we have a 4yr old and a 10 month old, both daughters. Moved back down to the east bay when we were planning to have our first. Got into a wicked car accident over 2 and a half yrs ago, which insurance payout got me the cash to buy the caddy, and shortly after led me to this sight. The rest is history.....
    Just call me Taboo. Collar popped, fuck off........

64 caddy 6 window sedan deville

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

^^^ what was this band you were in^^^
    Used to listn to Total Chaos, mostly their post hardcore stuff, and loved the Adicts.
    My favorite were always Rancid thou, even if most of the bands i listened to were way more underground than them.
    Sent from my ouiji board with black magic powers

- I Bomb Mes3 -

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Ready to be bored?

Born and raised in East Salinas. First memory of a "low rider" was my neighbor's mazda b2k with juice and dancing bed. If my brother and I weren't outside playing with the neighborhood kids I was always drawing or riding my bike around town taking pictures with my dad's polaroid camera. My dad wasn't too obsessed with cars but just enough to get us (my brother and I) obsessed with cars.

When I was 14 my dad surprised me one day when he bought me a 1960 Lincoln Continental (which I still own) When I got my license I kinda stopped caring about school. I was always in the GATE (Gifted and Talented) classes growing up and kept good grades till about sophmore year when I started caring more about my friends, cars (my 60 Lincoln and 84 Eldorado on ugly Luxor spokes), girls and drinking. On weekends, Summers and Winters I would work for my dad's janitorial and landscaping company.

I looked at a few "art" schools and chose to sign up for the Graphic Design program at Brooks College. I knew nothing about Graphic Design. All I had done was draw all my life and messed around in Microsoft Paint. I sold my 84 Eldorado.. drove an 84 Dodge van (that we put a bed, some 12" woofers that sounded like crap, pinstriped flames on, put some wheels that stuck out) until I bought an 85 Toyota Corolla (drifter)

I took photography for a summer right after high school and failed (I never did the assignments) but learned a lot.

First day of College we were asked why we chose graphic design and what we wanted to get out of it. I wrote that I wanted to work for Lowrider Magazine one day. Unlike high school I did very well at Brooks, was even a 4.0 student for a while (I know nerd) Before graduating I held an internship at a start-up men's magazine. There was a section in the magazine dedicated to cars so I told the editor I had to do that section. The first article I assigned myself was on Cole Foster.. My brother shot the pics for me. Shit went south between myself and the Editor (he made promises he didn't keep) and I moved on. Funny cause one of the pics my brother took of Cole Foster that day ended up being the cover shot for Cole's book.

After leaving that internship I went to intern at a social marketing firm in San Francisco. I was just about to graduate when my dad past away. I was offered a job in SF but declined it because I thought long and hard about how much I missed in my dad's last couple of years, so after graduating I moved back with my family and talked to my brother about starting a magazine. We knew nothing but had an idea. We printed flyers to pass out in Paso 2004 got my Lincoln running and made it down to Paso to introduce Deadend Magazine to the world…

There’s a lot more… But damn I already took up way too much space

-Juan
    Deadendmagazine.com
    -Live Life to the Lowest-

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Edog, this thread is rad. I thought I had heard you had some tie to Bashers. Sam was a friend of a friend. I remember how bad your shows would go off. I'm a loser so I always found out the day after, but all my friends at the time would roll. The world wasn't ready, but we had quite a thriving underground at scene around riverside, didn't we?

Come to think of it, I might have been there. Late nights on market...grips of people..b-boys on the sidewalk...crowded as hell inside..it was a blur. Used to pack about 9 heads in my car. It was nuts.
    MAKE LBCC MESSAGE BOARD RELEVANT AGAIN!

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by bonez View Post
    ^^^ what was this band you were in^^^
    Used to listn to Total Chaos, mostly their post hardcore stuff, and loved the Adicts.
    My favorite were always Rancid thou, even if most of the bands i listened to were way more underground than them.
    Only video evidence that that I was ever in the band. There's more somewhere, but my buddy never got it posted up. At least from that show. I was on the second album "Sound of Strength", but during production was the fallout that I left the band, and they took my name out of the credits of playing bass in the album.

gatoloco63
    born and raised in bay got introduced to cars at and early age my dad had a 69 gto that according to my mom and dad i was scared shitless of so he had to get rid of it he settled for a 69 chevy wagon,moved from niles ( first hollywood ) to fremont at age 6 next to the raddest dude ever ( ted ) he painted everything out of his pad from lowriders to hot rods to customs this dude is a one man custon autobody shop,grew up built my first lowrider bike when i was 12 had a lowrider bike club called pure jealousy skit to high school got kicked out had to finish in a cotinuation school got accepted to s.f academy of art i wanted to be an illustrator....but later decided i didnt want to go to s.f so i took a job with my dad doing construction while i figured out where i wanted to go...im still there its been 12 years now lol so got married and i have a beutiful but crazy lil girl..the end

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Well, where do I start. I am a 33 year old Gemini, who enjoys romantic comedies, and long walks on the beach!
    Seriously, this is a good thread. I have only been on here for a few months, and it seems like I have known some of you forever.

I was born and raised in rural Montana. Parents got divorced when I was 13 years old. From that point until I was 16 years old, I had accumulated 8 felonies, and about 25 misdemeanors. I was sent to a boys home by my Juvenile Probation Officer, and lived there until I was a Junior in High School. I then moved in with a foster family until I graduated High School.
    I tried the whole college thing, and couldn't afford it. I did a year then dropped out. I worked numerous odd jobs, and moved around the state until my 21st Birthday. I needed a change and why not do something drastic. Join The Army!!
    I enlisted in the US Army in 1998. I wanted to do something exciting, and chose Infantry as my Job. My first Duty Station was in South Korea, on the DMZ. I then traveled to Texas, and that is where I met my wife. We were married in 2001. My enlistment ended in 2002, and I joined the Texas Army National Guard. I tried the college thing again, and did well. Except that my wife was pregnant, and I didn't think we could afford to have a child on my guard pay, and the check from the local Gas Station I worked at.
    So I chose to go back on Active Duty. In 2004, I finished my training to become a Medic. Then I was moved to Washington State where I have been going on 6 years. I deployed to Iraq in 2006, and just returned from a deployment to Afghanistan.
    The Army has definately been good for me, and I do not regret a thing.
    I have only been in the car scene for a few years, even though I have worked on cars since I started driving. I was into lifted trucks, and 4X4's until I found my 64.
    That's My Story!

I also achieved my Associates degree in the last month! 14 years after I started!
    Last edited by 64LeSabre455; 10-15-2010 at 05:30 PM. Reason: more data
    1964 Buick Wildcat
    1964 Buick LeSabre

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    Didn't expect this to get so deep when I posted my first pretty vague response. Guess I'll elaborate.

Grew up in the east bay. Super UBER religious family. Had the usual teen issues. Left home many a times. Skater, punk rocker. Moved out ASAP. After highschool went to cal state hayward for a semester then dropped out. Worked part time at Rasputins (those not from the bay area, an awesome record store, pre itunes). Skated a solid 5-8 hours a day. After about 6 months of that realized I needed to do something cause I was broke. Ended up getting into a union electrician apprenticeship. Been an electrician since. Though also continued to skate, and play bass in a band. Got to know other new friends, and got a gig up in petaluma at the phoenix theater. My GF at the time recently moved up there too, so visiting new friends in a pretty big local band was easier. After some time, got asked to join that band. So I packed up, moved up there. Union had work for me, GF lived there, and a kickass new band to play in. About a year and a half of fun, touring, playing shows and living the life. Our band got signed to a label with The Adicts, Exploited, Funeral Dress, Total Chaos, and some others, right before I was left/kicked out of the band, haha. Knew Brooke since before I moved up there, but this is more or less when we started dating. Anyhow, we got married, I still have my same job. Now we have a 4yr old and a 10 month old, both daughters. Moved back down to the east bay when we were planning to have our first. Got into a wicked car accident over 2 and a half yrs ago, which insurance payout got me the cash to buy the caddy, and shortly after led me to this sight. The rest is history.....

This one? Took a picture of it after leaving San Fran on our way back from Ventura. Just stopped by for coffee in the same strip mall area as Rasputins.

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Wow is that a coincidence or what!? Milos, tell us true, is it or isn't it???
    1969 Mercury Montego MX -- ¡Cállate la boca!
    Roach Motel II -- 1968 Fairlane 500 Wagon

"Two on the street is worth more than 20 on the board." -- 64sled

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

It was started by a dude, mind you, a rich fucking dude, that when you see him roll up in his ford festiva, in a flannel shirt, looking grimey as fuck. Dude looked like a homeless guy, but owned a bunch of record stores. Along with fat slice pizza, and tshirt orgy in berkeley. It started in berkeley, but was a success and there ended up being maybe 6 or 7 'rasputins' in the bay area. I worked the one in newark. Hired before it even opened, setting it up and all. Then worked as a buyer once it opened. You bring in cds or dvds you wanna sell, I was who u talked to. Same small chain, but different store milos. Owner was a total prick, but it was a fun job aside from that. Got a ton of music for hella cheap while working there. I'm just bummed that a couple months AFTER I left is when they started selling porn, hahaha.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Reading all your "bios" is amazing! I know most of you don't know me personally and I've only met a few of you........ but here's my bit if you're interested.

I was born and raised in Toronto. Adopted at 6 months old and raised by a wonderful couple I refer to as "Mom & Dad". They were kinda old school Japanese so I had a bit of a strict upbringing. I never really got in much trouble as a kid.... there was that time when I was 13 and got busted for joy riding in my parents 70 Cutlass at 3 a.m. (dammit I just had to cruise!) but that's about it.

Started playing (bass) in rock/metal bands in my early teens. This lead me to move to Los Angeles with a band in 1989 and I've been here ever since. During the early 90's, I picked up graphic design (my current profession) which financially softened the blow of my eventual failure at being a world touring super-star. I feel pretty lucky to have fallen in to a career that kinda suited me in some way, since I always dug art and drawing.

As mentioned, I was adopted. After a life of curiosity on that matter, I did some research and (the short version is) I found my biological mother about 8 years ago which eventually (and by fluke) lead me to meet my birth father about 3 years ago. They're both great people that have become a part of my life. The trippy thing is, how much I share in my personality with them, while not having any contact with them for the majority of my life. Before I met them, I always wondered why I didn't end up like any of my family or friends. Long hair, music, old cars etc. Well I definitely get the tastes and interests from my birth father, him being an old biker and collector (hoarder) of all things old and cool. Also the desire to just... drive, as his "bike rides" would last months back in the day. The more human-ish stuff..... personal interaction, getting car-sick if not looking out the windows, taking way too long to make a decision..... comes from my birth-mom.

In more recent life.... I have one (step) daughter from my first marriage. She's not biologically mine, but I raised her like my own from the age of 2. She just graduated high school and is an awesome kid!

I just got re-married a little over a year ago. Life with my new wife is pretty awesome.... we have four cats, painted the interior of our house purple, she takes me to goth clubs and I take her to car shows.
    "The world can be a crappy and negative place sometimes, so it goes a long way when something as simple and irrelevant as a car can bring a huge smile to someone's face." - Rasputin

http://wheelsareeverything.com/