User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: whats your story?

♠ LBCC Resident Therapist ♠

User Info Menu

I'm what the state of Arizona calls a "Licensed Clinical Social Worker"... I met my wife in the Master of Social Work program at Arizona State, graduated in 2007 (the year before she did). She's now a CPS Social Worker for the Salt River Pima/Maricopa Tribe here in metro Phoenix. We have a 3 year-old son and a 2 year-old daughter. The class we met in was titled "Diversity and Oppression" - significantly funnier if you know that I'm white and she's black.

I have two jobs right now, one as a salaried therapist for a smaller HIV/AIDS service organization and one as a contract therapist for another, larger HIV/AIDS service organization. The money from both jobs plus my wife's keeps us above water, but it makes for long weeks - Mon is an 11-hour day and Tues more like 14. Wed-Fri are a respectable 10.

Salaried job we do a lot of substance-abuse work, we have an intensive outpatient group that I facilitate every once in a while but my real love is 1:1 therapy. In the contract job that's all that I do. The HIV thing I just kind of fell into as a therapy job that was open when I was looking, and now my experience and skillset is in substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, and GLBT issues (especially transgendered). Kind of strange for a straight, HIV-negative guy who isn't in recovery.

Just got my independent license (literally just, like last Friday it was all finalized), and now I'm moving toward starting a private practice - dealing with insurance panels, malpractice insurance, renting a space and developing clientele... all the while trying to maintain both jobs, a home, a wife, and two children (who are my world).

Oh yeah, and I'm in a car club too.
    Last edited by SlammedNFlaked; 10-14-2010 at 11:04 AM.
    "There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." -Herbert Spencer

"You have enemies? Good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I'm really dig'n this thread. Cool to get to learn a little bit about everyone.

♠ LBCC East ♠

User Info Menu

Great idea for a thread, Edog. I also thought you painted cars for a living and it's interesting to hear these stories.

My story- I tried to do the college thing but dropped out early into it. Moved out on my own and went to work for an Uncle making crowns and bridges (fake teeth). Learned the joys of working in a family business and that it wasn't for me.
    Tried learning to bend neon in another Uncle's sign shop but that didn't really work out. I rented a spot in a local co-op and sold Antiques this entire time, mostly old radios and then jukeboxes but also whatever I found at flea markets and auctions.

I took a few computer classes on my own and found a crappy 3rd shift job mainly delivering reports with a company that had a Computer Programmer Trainee Program. Ended up landing a spot as a paid Trainee for a year, then a Programmer, then a Programmer/ Analyst. Then the Y2K scare hit and being a computer geek with experience was pretty Rock Star as weird as that sounds (although there was never a Computer Programmer American Gladiator- go figure).

After everyone realized that the world wasn't going to end with Y2K, I took a job at a company that I was consulting for and have been there since. It's a decent gig and not corporate schmuckdom. I'd love to do something on my own and have tried a few side ventures, but there's something to be said for having a steady paycheck and healthcare and benefits.

Old cars were involved in the picture in some form since I moved out at 19 and bought a bug for $500 as my daily.

Not a thrilling story and it leaves out oceans of booze and rooms full of crazy women, but there it is.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Il Gimmi View Post
    i totaly agree

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eryk View Post
    I also want to express the same admiration for overcoming addiction. It runs in my family. My biological dad struggled with it. My uncle, who I was so very close to, lost his battle with alcoholism in 2008. He struggled with it for years, hit bottom many times and just couldnt beat it. Put us through hell but we never stopped loving him. He died at 54 years old. Broke my heart.

Nick, you make me proud to know you.
    Thanks Brotha ..

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Alright, me next. Grew up between Az and Fla. Was a really sick kid. Had Chronic Asthma so my folks moved me out to Tucson which did wonders for my health. That and discovering skateboarding. We moved back to Fla when I started High School. Had no interest in school so spent most my time skating and traveling. Didn't really sit well with my Mom so she gave me the boot when I was 16 (1993). Shortly after bought a greyhound ticket, sat on a bus for 3 days and ended up in So Cal. Wanted to pursue the skate dream. Ended up working out. Got sponsored, eventually pro, just traveled, partied, skated. In 2000 blew my knee out while on tour in Europe for 4 months. Did it pretty early on so ended up just staying on the tour for the ride. Last stop was London. Stayed with a Homie there and met my future wife, one of his flat mates. We got hitched after about a month and it's been almost 10 years. My wife is magical. I love her more than life itself and I'd be lost with out her. Plus she's a saint for putting up with my ass. Lived in London for a while doing bar work. Trying to figure out life after skateboarding. Then to Italy which is were my wife is from. Just traveling, parting. etc. Eventually ended up back in Fla. Got into construction with my pops. Metal framing/carpentry. Gave a business a go building custom homes. Built the mother of all houses then the ass end fell out of the market and still stuck with that fucking thing. Not to mention another home that's a noose around my neck. After construction fell back into the skate industry. Got into the sales side of things which I'm thankful for. Growing up the way I did and the lifestyle I led for so long makes it hard to conform to civilian life. So been in Sales in the skate world for the past 5 years or so. Moved to AZ about a year and half ago for a job. The car bug was always in me. First car was a 66 Fairlane. Dad was a biker so I grew up around cars and bikes.
    Last edited by Il Gimmi; 10-14-2010 at 10:39 AM.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Fuckin awesome thread!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

grew up in Sun Valley, somehow survived that.
    I lied a told the neighbors I could paint cars just so I could learn how, then proceeded to get over spray all over our family home garage, (and I think I got some paint on my brother Abel's "Summer Madness") I worked at Pick Your Part as a tow truck driver then I worked for Gene Winfield doing body work and making fiberglass mercs. I needed more money then Gene could pay, so, I got a job with the city of L.A. as gardener then promoted to truck operator, then to storekeeper. now I work for LAPD. I buy and maintain a warehouse on behalf of LAPD Air Support , worlds largest rooftop heliport. I hope to retire in 8 years.
    I meet my wife while working as a truck operator her first day on the job. we have been married for 15 amazing years. she's the best thing to ever happen to me. she has a masters degree from Azusa Pacific, and she just completed a PhD program with Regent University in Organizational leadership and human resource development.
    we are D.I.N.K.'s (double income no kids) and love it. neither of us felt the need to procreate, hats off to those that have kids, its A LOT of work.
    my older brother Babe worked for Watson and Walt, and my brothers Able and Javier (rip) have built some amazing lowriders while I drive primered junk!
    I did a lot of restoration (rust repair) work out of my shop at home but most of it has been muscle cars , tri 5's, and older MG's etc. all of it for other restoration shops that never told the customer they outsourced the work. I still do some but mostly for my self now.
    Last edited by happy hoppy; 10-14-2010 at 10:50 AM.
    cut, hammer, weld, drive !

http://cuthammerwelddrive.blogspot.com/

PANEL BEATERS C.C - WE GOT GREASE UNDER OUR NAILS, NOT IN OUR HAIR

Carlow
    Quote Originally Posted by meser View Post
    I have to give a special props to all the people here who have overcome an addiction. I myself have never gone down this path but did have a very close cousin of mine who struggled with drug addiction for the better part of his life. He his now clean and sober for 3 years and I couldn't be prouder of him. You guys keep up the good work - I'm proud of you.
    Seriously, it is great that so many of you have been successful in controlling your addiction. Its something that I have seen too much of in my life. Although never diagnosed, I know that I was an alcoholic for much of my twenties. I just lost my cousin to an heroin overdose a few months back, we had grown apart, but it hits me more and more each day. Shit, I have had a lot people that were and are still very close to me that have struggled with addiction, several that will probably never come back.. My fiance, is finishing up her PHD as a Behavioral Scientist and her main focus is meth and alcohol addiction. Its amazing how genetically a person can be completely wired to be an alcoholic from their very first drink.. crazy.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

well here goes...

i currently work in a call center for a mortgage company doing collections type stuff.. im a suprevisor, been with the cmpany 5 years + and worked my way up.. pay is decent, bills get paid, and benifits are there.. ive done everything.. ran a rent a center store, sold cars, cell phones stores, etc.. got my first job on my 13th birthday when my dad got me into Fiebings, a company that makes leather care products.. i worked in the factory about 1 day a week since my dad couldnt figure out where i was gettin money.. went to college for 2 years total, but got kicked out 3 times total, last being for good.. banned from UW-Milwaukee.. that last time was for graffitti when i was caught on campus.. i was going to be a teacher, grade school art.. might finish that one day but it would be a huge pay cut so thats later in life.. my father was an art teacher, mother had an in house day care for neighborhood kids...

i started gettin into cars and shit when i was around 11... workd on my cousins old car a lot.. and got into music strong right about then as well.. started graffitti about 14yrs old, and rolled with that on and off til about 22 when i got caught up at college.. i got lucky no charges, just kicked out.. that was my break, and i never looked back.. never picked up a can again and threw out old sketch books, everything.. did other dumb shit to get me through my teens and make money.. first car was a 87 dodge raider.. had 15x8 72 spoke Ds with 205-50s LOL.. including the spare, 2 -15" cerwin vega strokers and a PPI amp, rest of the car was basically stock besides add on chrome trim and a fresh red paint job with black stripping.. loved that car.. had it built up like that when i was 15.. by the time i was 18 it was on its 3rd engine LOL, put em in myself that poor lil 2.6l 4cyl coulndt keep up with how i beat that heavy car.. when i was 18 it was on 15x8 reverse 3 spokes LOL, and had 4 pioneer 10s in it by then.. and neon LOL.. was always readin lowrider since i was like 12 and my cousin had a couple nice cars.. drove my parents nuts and my dad swore he would kick me out if i ever cut up an old car.. he didnt care what i did with my raider, i paid for it, the insurance, everything.. but he would be damned if i would "ruin" a classic american car while under his roof... so there went my dream of a lowrider, even tho i bought a 91 civic 4 door in like '95 and i was determined to go euro with 13x7 reverse mcleans and 175-50s.. but i tinted the windows, put a stereo in it, and sold the car before i got around to it LOL.. a few impalas and lowrider blazers in my nieghborhood, the dough boys had em... a friend that i workd on the side with had a money green sidekick with all gold roadsters on 195-50 tires with a 2 pump setup, white interior LOL.. with my dodge bein 4wd it seemed like it woulda suckd to juice, so it never happened.. he went to jail, i got the wheels, but never rolled em.. gave em to his brother a few years later and he put em on his ride LOL those were the days... back then i had about 25 schwinns that took up my parents basement... from lowriders to stock to fastbacks.. i loved em.. now only have 2-3 left

since then ive done everything car wise.. had an 11 second turbo street driven civic 5th gen hatch with a GSR swap, show civics and integras, jeeps, several old cars.. 50s stuff.. 70s stuff.. even a 31 ford that i still had when i joined this site..

always was into the original version of everything.. when i play pool, i play on an old school 1 piece slate table with an old school schon cue.. when i like music, i like the old stuff way better.. when i finally went to build a lowrider of my own i fuckd up.. airbags, chinas.. it just never felt right..

now i get to redo it all with the impala i always wanted, but was scared of.. idk what it was that kept me from them.. they are common, parts are easy, and i just stayed scared to build one.. i think i wanted to make sure i built MY car, MY style.. and i wanted to make sure my style was matured.. it just never felt like the time.. now im 33, and im mature in my style in my eyes, i know what i like, i never think twice, i can look at a car and tell right what i would do with it.. no question about it.. finally, i knew it was time for my impala.. tahts how my current car came to be..

my car plans are slow motion right now because im focused on investing and also paying off my house.. im tryin to pay it off within 7 years so i have no worries later, and i can realyl spend money LOL.. my parents are both 65 and dont have $1 in savings.. the kids pay their bills.. i never wanna be like that..

met my wife about 4 years ago at a show in CA.. she is from ELA and was living in long beach at the time.. after only about a yaer of knowin each other she wanted to move here and try to be together.. its been on and off like anything, but more than anything i appreciate and respect her now more than ever.. weve been married 2 years this past sunday.. no kids yet, just a dog (lil wiener dog).. plannin a baby next fall we will start tryin i think.. i LOVE kids.. she is 27 so better start fast since im 33 already LOL

this site has been GREAT to me.. and the people on here.. thank you for hearin my story
    Last edited by touchdowntodd; 10-14-2010 at 10:44 AM.
    i change cars too much .... fuck

"Im bringin bubbles back................."

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Il Gimmi View Post
    Mos definitely.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

My turn now.

first let me say I respect and admire people who overcome addictions and I have much love for those people who are working for themselves.

Now to me. I am an Army brat born in Germany. When I was 13ish (sophmore in HS) we move to Williamsburg Va. My Junior year my infatuation with all things 60's and 70's took me to becoming a Deadhead. Never traveled far (3 states) to see concerts but man did I enjoy the LSD and pot. After graduating HS I tried college but dropped out after 2 years because it bored me to tears. My summer job in HS was working at Busch Gardens one year and then at Kingsmill Golf Course the next year, so when I quit school I went back to the golf course and worked there for 2 years. I did that as a regular laborer for a while till I got the chance to work at a golf course still being built. After a few months there alot fo stuff was breaking down so I offered to be the mechanic and that started my career path. In 97 I had some family visit from Germany and they offer to put me up if I wanted to go there and go back to school so I took that chance and went there and studied Landscape design till 2000 when I graduated and moved back to Va. Once I got back and had all this cool European knowledge of landscape design and installation I tried to do it on my own with little success. Got the chance to go back to a golf course as a mechanic and took it. Moved to Raleigh in 2002 to work at a high end golf course. Hopped around to a few other courses to make more money and now I work for the John Deere Dealership but I am working full time at Duke Universities golf course due to a service contract with the dealership. As for the cars thing... Dad was a Helicopter mechanic in the Army and always had some old car to work on. The first car I actually worked on was a 50 Chevy Deluxe 2dr we had. Dad went off on Army training stuff for a week and while he was gone I pulled the motor apart at age 12. He also had a 58 Mercedes 190SL at the same time that we both worked on and we would go to shows in Germany all the time. That was in the mid 80's and I remember seeing my first 57 Chevy and 30's Sedan Delivery sitting side by side and told my dad that I wanted a car that looked like those 2 squeezed together (he reminded me of that when I got the 55). In 2003 I helped a friend install Air ride on his Toyota and have been installing that stuff for people since then on the side. In 2008 I decided to open my own business selling and installing Air Ride because NC was severely lacking in that area, now I know why because there is not much interest in that stuff yet, but I am hoping that will change.

thats my story in a shortened overview.
    "Whats wrong with me? You tell me and I will tell you if you are right or not!"
    http://www.kustomairsuspensions.com

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/albu...g/user/strtrdr

Carlow
    I was born in Iowa, moved to Colorado with my family when i was a kid. After high school I ran forklifts for work and moved to Tucson, AZ for college but i wasn't focused and ended up moving back to colorado for work. Work then took me up to Montana. At 23 I landed a job as a district manager/sales rep for a cabinet company. A few years later I moved into medical sales/service and I've been in that field for nearly ten years. I ended up moving to Seattle, Huntington Beach and Portland with job transfers over the past ten years. In 08' the medical industry went belly up, so I went back to school. Today I am a full time student in hopes of owning a business that taps into my creative side within the next year or so..

As a kid I was always drawing and dreaming about the hot rods and cars/trucks that my Dad and family members had. I was also into BMX while we lived in Iowa. When we relocated to Colorado I became a pretty good freestyler, eventually getting sponsored by GT bicycles through a local bike shop. A crazy wreck off of a 10 foot wall when i was a kid took me out of the bmx/freestyle sport. After that I got caught up and had a little too much fun and got in way too much trouble through out my teens. The only good thing I was doing in my teens was building my VW's. I also spent a ton of time helping a good friend build his 65' Impala and another friend build a 63'. The 65' was white with mother of pearl ghost patterns, sitting on 14x7 reversed True Classics. Hahha.. shit we started that build 21 years ago and finished it 18 years ago..

Most importantly my fiance (Angela) and I met back in 05'. She is my best friend, an amazingly giving person that has taught me a lot about life and love... not sure what she sees in me, but we are happy and hoping to have kids in the near future. Thanks for reading

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Here goes nothin'.

Born in Torrance, lived in Hawthorne right off the blvd. Moved to Elsinore in 84 and started skating that year. Rode until 97 steady. 3rd degree ankle sprain put me in a cast and it still hurts sometimes. I don't think it healed right. I still skate with my daughter from time to time though. It's too hard not to after that many years. Love to skate a good ditch or bomb a hill.

Skateboarding led me to punk. My dad played guitar and is a car and bike guy so I didn't stray too far from that. I started playing guitar seriously in about 92 or 93 and played in a few local punk bands with guys I skated with. Had a blast. started writing graffiti in about 95. Co-founded the first piecing/bombing crew out here. Tag-banging and disrespect were ugly then so we tried to take it back. We did. I retired from that around the time I got married. It was fun but not worth getting caught. Basically found myself too old for it.

Met my wife in school. Started dating in 96, married in 02, daughter in 03. Lived in a project here in elsinore for about 7 years. Met some great people, saw some heavy stuff. Lost a few friends to drugs and shootings. That stuff changed the way I feel about friendship and life quite a bit. Own a house in a quiet neighborhood now. It's a nice change.

Right out of high school, I spent 4 years at Concepts, the shop that built Las Vegas. They built 3 other Lifestyle cars after that. I was there for 2, but I ain't talking. Before I was 21, I had chopped 7 cars, sectioned 2, 7 sets of suicide doors, basically built some rad shit. Got the itch to open a shop so I left to be a bodyman. Spent a year doing that. Went to the paint side and dug the hell out of it. Spent 6 years doing that eventually being the lead painter at a chevy dealership. Got let go for not taking part in insurance fraud (the manger got fired shortly after. Wonder if it was my letter to the owner..) and shop hopped for a bit. Currently spraying 3 tone sunburst at Fender guitars. Man I miss cars..I'm looking to get back into it. Looking at my current deal as a breather. It's helped me realize how much I love working in the automotive industry. I've also been striping on and off since 98.
    MAKE LBCC MESSAGE BOARD RELEVANT AGAIN!

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chopped63 View Post
    Here goes nothin'.

Born in Torrance, lived in Hawthorne right off the blvd. Moved to Elsinore in 84 and started skating that year. Rode until 97 steady. 3rd degree ankle sprain put me in a cast and it still hurts sometimes. I don't think it healed right. I still skate with my daughter from time to time though. It's too hard not to after that many years. Love to skate a good ditch or bomb a hill.

Skateboarding led me to punk. My dad played guitar and is a car and bike guy so I didn't stray too far from that. I started playing guitar seriously in about 92 or 93 and played in a few local punk bands with guys I skated with. Had a blast. started writing graffiti in about 95. Co-founded the first piecing/bombing crew out here. Tag-banging and disrespect were ugly then so we tried to take it back. We did. I retired from that around the time I got married. It was fun but not worth getting caught. Basically found myself too old for it.

Met my wife in school. Started dating in 96, married in 02, daughter in 03. Lived in a project here in elsinore for about 7 years. Met some great people, saw some heavy stuff. Lost a few friends to drugs and shootings. That stuff changed the way I feel about friendship and life quite a bit. Own a house in a quiet neighborhood now. It's a nice change.

Right out of high school, I spent 4 years at Concepts, the shop that built Las Vegas. They built 3 other Lifestyle cars after that. I was there for 2, but I ain't talking. Before I was 21, I had chopped 7 cars, sectioned 2, 7 sets of suicide doors, basically built some rad shit. Got the itch to open a shop so I left to be a bodyman. Spent a year doing that. Went to the paint side and dug the hell out of it. Spent 6 years doing that eventually being the lead painter at a chevy dealership. Got let go for not taking part in insurance fraud (the manger got fired shortly after. Wonder if it was my letter to the owner..) and shop hopped for a bit. Currently spraying 3 tone sunburst at Fender guitars. Man I miss cars..I'm looking to get back into it. Looking at my current deal as a breather. It's helped me realize how much I love working in the automotive industry. I've also been striping on and off since 98.
    We met a couple of your homies from Lake Elsinore last night. I was telling them that I would like to meet you one day since you've been real cool and been on the board for a long time.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I'd like to meet you as well, Eryk.

my friends like to give me crap for not going outside riv.co. like my car would just shut off if I did. Haha. Working nights ruins my ability to get out to cruises.
    MAKE LBCC MESSAGE BOARD RELEVANT AGAIN!

♠ B.C. Chapter President ♠

User Info Menu

I work in the largest performance shop/retailer/wholesaler in Canada. I am in the wholesale department. So I only have to answer phone calls. I did face to face retail for 13 years. Never again. It made me hate people. I hated people for a long time. But moving into an office made me have faith in humanity again. So it was a good move.

I was born in Ottawa, Ontario and moved out to here to BC in '75. Been here ever since. I have a house here and live with my GF of 6 years, and her 9 year old son. I have my 4 wagons, all '59's, and a '63 Greenbriar that I bought for my gf. I'll get to it sometime, haha. I also have my '61 Chris Craft Ski Boat, that I love. I wish everyday was a boating day.

I'm a pretty simple dude. Put me around good people, and I'll be content for life. I've met some of those people on here. And I'm glad for that.
    "If your going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with style?" - Dr. Emmit Brown

♠ Chicago Chapter ♠

User Info Menu

Born in Chicago, raised in the burbs by my Mom and if it wasn't for her I'd probably be in jail or dead. Got big into skateboarding and punk at about the of age 11 quickly realized that I wasn't really good enough to make it big so started taking pictures with my moms old camera and found that I was better at that then skating. Never got to big into drugs and alcohol because I was diagnosed with a seizure disorder at age 13 and the meds I got put on didn't mix with alcohol. Witch was probably a good thing considering the crowds I ran with.

Went college for photography and fell into the Chicago rockabilly scene and started doing photography for a local magazine. Strait out of school I got an internship working as a photo assistant at playboy, sounds like a dream job but it actually was pretty lame, I was mostly working on shots of cigars and watches. Meet some guys who were running an art gallery and they decided to rep me so I started showing my photography there which lead to getting to show my work in galleries all over the US and a few shows in Germany and Ireland, I also have work in a museum collection in Japan and here in Chicago. It all sounds great but I still had a day job at a hardware store and was flat broke.

I moved to LA for awhile to try and better my art career but it was around 9/11 and nobody really wanted to see staged violent photography. So I did the still movie photography thing for a bit, my then girlfriend of 3 years that I moved there with decided she wanted to leave me for some drummer in a band she meet (such a fuckin cliché) but it was true. I'll be honest I was pretty messed up by it, and my whole support system was back in Chicago. Played around with the idea of moving to SF to go to grad school but didn't really want to take on anymore debt. So I packed my shit and my trusted boston terrier and headed back to Chicago.

I now work for a program that sets up after school programming in the arts in Chicago public high schools. Got married 3 years ago to a great girl who is also my best friend, had a baby girl 3 months ago and although very tired I couldn't be happier. I still do photography here and there and still have an occasional show. I posted a few of my pictures on the LBCC Board Member Art Show Thread if you want to check'em out. Man, it's kinda crazy to actually right all this shit down.
    Fuckin a Right!

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

This thread is very cool.
    Now that I'm home from work and have a little time, I went back and updated my entry from this morning.
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Born and raised in York, PA, where Nappy is from . Skate punk as a kid then I went to Penn State and got my BS in Helath and Human Development-empasis in Recreation and Park management. I wanted to be a park ranger, turns out that is tougher than it seems( low paying), I was a social worker for about 4 years working with at risk youth and finally had to stop due to the emotional toll it was taking and I decided to return to school and get my masters in education. All through this time I was an avid bicycle racer on the road and Mt. bikes, aspired to be pro even got sponsored for a bunch of years but life and bills eventually took priority. Moved to AZ in 2002 too teach and have been ever since, i currently teach automotive technology and welding but have previously worked in a high school couseling department and even taught collision repair for a little. I met my wife out here and we have been married for 2.5 years, She is the light of my life along our two beautiful daughters. I continue to skate, bike, paint and spend most of my free time messing with cars, thats sort of me in a nut shell.