User Tag List

Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL LBCC Board Member Art Show Thread

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by meser View Post
    Rhodes, are you making those designs using PS?
    Illustrator and Photoshop. I photograph stuff, draw stuff, scan it and tweak it. I'm a Graphic Designer/Art Director by profession.
    ~ EMBERS So Cal ~

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
    Illustrator and Photoshop. I photograph stuff, draw stuff, scan it and tweak it. I'm a Graphic Designer/Art Director by profession.
    Right on dude! I went to school for a short period of time to become a graphic designer myself. I've been lagging on continuing my education and working towards a BA. Got any recommendations as far as schools or classes I should be attending?
    The coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Right on dude! I went to school for a short period of time to become a graphic designer myself. I've been lagging on continuing my education and working towards a BA. Got any recommendations as far as schools or classes I should be attending?
    hey, I sent you a pm.
    ~ EMBERS So Cal ~

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Some very cool things in here.

I've always been in love with word and image stuff.
    Unfortunately, other than occasionally making some stuff for the club, I haven't been generating very much in the visual department lately.

Some of my antics:

Tradition didn't end in 1964

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Rasputin, that stuff kicks ass!
    ~ EMBERS So Cal ~

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Dunno that this is "art" as such but I made this a couple of years ago.

Its about 6" tall and is a replica of a rather important clock/watch that is in the National Maritime Museum. Here's a picture of the original which had recently been sold for a seven figure sum before being loaned to the museum.

Here's a close up of the engraving (about the only job I didn't do), which might mean something if you know any European history.

The whole thing is made out of brass. Some parts are castings for which I made masters, some machined parts, silver soldered together and then gilt.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eryk View Post
    I'm down for that! I've written a few different things over the years. Since I'm out of the game, it's just "eryk" now. You do that and I'll do meser.
    I'm not too happy with this but....what the hell.

Eryk.jpg
    The coyote of the desert likes to eat the heart of the young and the blood drips down to his children for breakfast, lunch and dinner and only the ribs will be broken.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Awsome stuff going on in here! heres some doodles and prints i did the last 2 years

random sunday afternoon drawing

the end result, watercollor. wanst to happy with the collors but never the less.

my passion for skateboarding and oldschool tattoos.. my interpretation of "sailor jerry"desings

A shirt design i did for fun, only 2 ever printed belong to Tony and Eric now haha

Another Print

a miniature skateboard i made for the birth of the son of one of my friends. done in oneshot, didnt have the right brushes

Little tattoo design i did for a buddy of mine.

Little line drawing

Skateboard print for the skateboard company of my buddies

Oh and yeah.. i also was apprenticing at a tattooshop but sadly coulndt combine it with my study/work and bills i had to pay so i had to let that go. still trying to learn stuff now and then though with the help of my tattooer. here is a little thing i did on the inside of my own knee doing practice runs with new machines.

here a pic of the board in action.. the company is owned by skaters for skaters. they sponsor this kid, one of the few poolriders in holland

as you can see im quite the nerd hahaha.. thanks for reading guys.
    HArco
    Last edited by Harco; 11-01-2010 at 05:18 PM.

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by seth View Post
    Dunno that this is "art" as such but I made this a couple of years ago.

Seth, true Craftsmanship will always count as Artistry in my book. Excellent work.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I'm not too happy with this but....what the hell.

Eryk.jpg
    Dude, I missed this when you posted it. Thanks! I have to finish yours. I was really busy last week. But I'll get on it and post it up soon.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Theres a lot of incredible shit goin on here. I dunno what to say.
    Im very impressed w/ Gball's staged violence! Its really kool and macabre at the same time. Something i appreciate.
    I bet you catch shit from the more purist crowd.

Hoppy your photography is down right genius too.
    Last edited by bonez; 11-05-2010 at 03:17 AM.
    Sent from my ouiji board with black magic powers

- I Bomb Mes3 -

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Damn. I haven't strolled through this since it started. You dudes are a bunch of talented mofos! Unreal.

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Here's some more (and a couple better pics of) of my buddy Marcus' (MAK) stuff:

♠ LBCC Ambassador ♠

User Info Menu

Here's some of my stuff. I project abstract imagery onto structures.

This is the McColl Center for Visual Arts in Charlotte, NC last Friday:

Here's a local artists painting blown up onto the side of the Daughters of the Confederacy building here in Charleston:

And just for fun, here's a projection I did for Outkast's Big Boi's concert here at the Yorktown Aircraft Carrier:

There's no I in barbeque team.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

HARCO--PLEEEASE do more of them Chola girl t-shirts in 'fat guy' sizes...them are killer!!

Dude, I love puppies, dude!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DatDirtyRat View Post
    HARCO--PLEEEASE do more of them Chola girl t-shirts in 'fat guy' sizes...them are killer!!
    they are dope! the chola is actually made of felt!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DatDirtyRat View Post
    I could do one for you is you want one.. the cool thing is i can do em 1 at a time.. there is a local tshirt shop that can do the felt like transfers for me.. what collor would you like and what size would you need.. so i can see if its possible ..

just let me know.

HArco

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Finished this one up a few weeks ago.

Colored pencils and acrylic on recycled IKEA furniture.

rose.jpg

♠ PROSPECT ♠

User Info Menu

you boys are talented!

@harco, if youre game, id buy one of them fine chola shirts myself!!!
    spend time, not money

Driven Not Judged

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

Cool thread! Here's a variety of the stuff I do... Mainly in exchange for cash

Last edited by crayform; 12-07-2010 at 04:15 PM.