User Tag List

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Everything you ever wanted to know about Supremes...

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Re: Everything you ever wanted to know about Supremes...

hmmm, i was leanin more towards 13" spoke wheels with that comment.. as far as mass use as tru classics were said to be available special order...

although, i dont think too many cars other than like corvairs and small cars ran 13s too often until late 70s/early 80s and even then it seems more rare

Eryk ... come out of your chicago visit and get back to us on this!
    i change cars too much .... fuck

"Im bringin bubbles back................."

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Hey guys, im new to the forums. My name is Ernie and I'm a member of the Scoundrels a local So Cal club from the IE. Ive been building Kustums for sometime, and i wont deny it I'm also very involved in the Mini Truck community. lol.

This is a pic of my 63 Cadillac that I built with the help of my friends.

I'm currently working on a 50 Chevy Styleline deluxe. I'm having it bagged by a good friend of mine. It has the straight six and is really cherry.

i want to put supremes on it. Can you guys give me some pointers as to where to find some, what size and what tires to run? I do plan on building it 60's style. Thanks.
    "1964 Impala SS, bodied, coming soon"

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

some of you might recognize a few of my other cars

and my old 53, that my buddy owns now

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

always an abundance of nice cars and trucks. sweet looking '50.
    Brandon
    Panel Beaters CC - we have grease under our nails, not in our hair

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

So what are a set of 14x7 Supremes going for these days new?
    Support Live Music.

"Tell Barack I'm Baroke"

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Last GG's show I went to, I saw brand new, reinforced set $700 in the vendor section
    Just call me Taboo. Collar popped, fuck off........

64 caddy 6 window sedan deville

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stoney_138
    Last GG's show I went to, I saw brand new, reinforced set $700 in the vendor section
    I didn't know there were going for that kind of $$$ nowadays..!!
    I think I paid $500 and change.... but that was like 6 years go....
    ♠ 1965 Buick Riviera ♠
    ♠ 1952 Chevy Truck ♠
    ♠ 1938 Ford Deluxe Coupe ♠

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...uirrelrivi.jpg

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

I paid 550 at a swapmeet with tires and a warranty, on tires.The sun definetly was shining on a dogs ass that day!
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Last I checked they were about the same as Cragars. About 150 a piece, give or take.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Dude, I love puppies, dude!

User Info Menu

Damn!! They are going for stupid money these days! They used to be dirt cheap a few years back before the whole "60's style" revival kicked in!

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snacklord
    Quote Originally Posted by stoney_138
    I didn't know there were going for that kind of $$$ nowadays..!!
    I think I paid $500 and change.... but that was like 6 years go....
    I thought that was loot too, but I don't have anything to compare to. Just the last new set I've seen for sale.
    Just call me Taboo. Collar popped, fuck off........

64 caddy 6 window sedan deville

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

summit ones are reinforced... like $140 each free shipping..

$700... if they had tires MAYBE...

but damn

i paid $500 shipped for mine from summit, i think it was like $511, and that was 2 months ago

just paid a lil more for another set of wheels from the big homie Eryk himself.. and i cant WAIT
    i change cars too much .... fuck

"Im bringin bubbles back................."

skywolf

I found this ad in an old issue of Car Craft September 1965. Interesting that it shows the prices for new wheels. A set of 7.00 x 15"s would have cost $226.00 in 1965 dollars. I would say it is safe to assume that it is cheaper to buy a set of wheels today than it was back then. Maybe that's why a lot of cars covered in magazines ran reversed chrome wheels. Just interesting to compare prices. Let me know what you think.

Metro Sexual

User Info Menu

so does anyone have any cool centers caps for sale for premes? i need a set of 4

♠ LBCC Ambassador ♠

User Info Menu

These were on the rear of a flaked VW powered trike at a show I hit a couple weeks ago:

Special edition 13702.gif
    There's no I in barbeque team.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I have a set of those. Nothin special about them. They're the same snap in cap that come with alot of supremes. They're actually a little more budget because the logo isn't even a plastic chip or anything like the Supreme Wheel ones. It's just a thin, cheap, generic decal. I'm not sure which vendor sells these caps with their wheels, but I've seen them at swapmeets recently.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skywolf
    I found this ad in an old issue of Car Craft September 1965. Interesting that it shows the prices for new wheels. A set of 7.00 x 15"s would have cost $226.00 in 1965 dollars. I would say it is safe to assume that it is cheaper to buy a set of wheels today than it was back then. Maybe that's why a lot of cars covered in magazines ran reversed chrome wheels. Just interesting to compare prices. Let me know what you think.

Its so funny that you say that about the price back then. I was driving my 63 vert one day on supremes when i pulled up in front of an auto zone to get some plugs, this bum walks over and starts talking about the car. You can tell he was an old "Veterano" or OG type guy, mexican, heavy cholo type accent lol. Anyways, he told me that i was doing it wrong. He told me that mexicans couldnt afford supremes so they ran cragars. He said only the white guys from bellflower ran supremes. then he started babbling about candy paint. I wanted to talk to him but i was in a huge hurry because the store was going to close. My buddies started laughing at me and told me to get my facts straight before i build my next car lol

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by baggedmitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by skywolf

Its so funny that you say that about the price back then. I was driving my 63 vert one day on supremes when i pulled up in front of an auto zone to get some plugs, this bum walks over and starts talking about the car. You can tell he was an old "Veterano" or OG type guy, mexican, heavy cholo type accent lol. Anyways, he told me that i was doing it wrong. He told me that mexicans couldnt afford supremes so they ran cragars. He said only the white guys from bellflower ran supremes. then he started babbling about candy paint. I wanted to talk to him but i was in a huge hurry because the store was going to close. My buddies started laughing at me and told me to get my facts straight before i build my next car lol
    My dad's Mexican and he had both and candy paint although my uncle was his painter!
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Supremes were a little less than twice as much as Cragars in the late 70's. Fentons were even cheaper than cragars.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

well what can you expect from some drunk as bum! lol