User Tag List

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Everything you ever wanted to know about Supremes...

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Re: Everything you ever wanted to know about Supremes...

Hey Eryk, don't forget those wheels we saw in Ventura with the date stamped on the outer part of the rim....
    Harry took some pics.... I can't remember what name was on the centers though....
    ♠ 1965 Buick Riviera ♠
    ♠ 1952 Chevy Truck ♠
    ♠ 1938 Ford Deluxe Coupe ♠

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...uirrelrivi.jpg

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snacklord
    Hey Eryk, don't forget those wheels we saw in Ventura with the date stamped on the outer part of the rim....
    Harry took some pics.... I can't remember what name was on the centers though....
    Yep yep. ;-)

Those were Pacers. Pretty sure Pete Paulsen carried this brand at some point in the last few years too. I also remember seeing Pacers in one of the ads in LRM a couple years back. I don't know if Pacer Supremes are still around or what. Weird how the stamping was on the outside of the wheel. Made for a good pic though. Props to Ras for snapping these.

"Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Eryk, if you don't mind me asking what is the haps with this SFT place you rave about?
    Brandon
    Panel Beaters CC - we have grease under our nails, not in our hair

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

San Fernando Tire and Wheel. I just shorten it cuz I'm lazy. I've been going to the one right there in Sanfer forever. Since before I could drive. My gramps was friends with the old owner. They treat me right. They move crazy amounts of wheels and tires all over the place. Out of state and everything. Big operation.

It sucks that I don't live in San Fernando anymore. Tire shops here in Lancaster SUCK. I do have a real cool place down the street from me called TireXpress. Great service. Great guys. But they don't really do the wheel thing too much.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

good god, those unreinforced supremes look sketchy as fuck. u just can't beat the way cragars have centers reinforced up the yinyang.
    [url=http://matt-yee.tumblr.com[/url]

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eryk
    I went to Pomona today. I stopped at that big wheel place along the back wall. The guy had 2 sets of 14" Supremes out, stacked on top of boxes. One set was reinforced and came with supreme caps and one wasn't reinforced and had no caps. I casually asked him what the differences were in the two sets, because one had plain boxes and the other had US Wheel boxes. He said "There's no difference. They're all Supremes." Then I asked him why one set was reinforced and one wasn't. Then after looking down at the non-reinforced wheels he said, "13 wheels don't have the reinforcement". Then I pointed out the fact that both sets were 14". After he snapped out of his stuttering daze he responded with, "Well I have no idea why those aren't reinforced. They're all made by the same people. Well, two different companies but they all know each other." He mentioned that one set was AWC but couldn't tell me which ones. Either way the guy didn't know who made what and couldn't tell me why they were the same price. I think it's funny that the largest and most established wheel dealer at the Pomona Swapmeet has no idea what he's selling.

Eryk, when I first scored those 3 bar supreme spinners off OG lil E..I showed one to Pete Paulson and asked if they were made for Astro Supremes.....he told me that he had never seen that 3 bar Supreme spinner before,that it was probably a after market cap.....and now after seeing the add?? he had to have seen them.Dudes are just burned out and dont wanna think hard enough to answer a legit question proper.Thats all.
    So...about those caps ;-)
    "Thats because my guitars 'rock' brother" Esteban

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LocoBomber
    Yeah. When you gonna sell me yours? ;-)

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Yeah. When you gonna sell me yours? ;-)
    Got any 'worn' Robert Smith panties off of ebay??? Ill trade you 028.gif

Ill wall hang em right next to my Christy Canyon's i bought a few years ago.
    "Thats because my guitars 'rock' brother" Esteban

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Snacklord
    Yep yep. ;-)

Those were Pacers. Pretty sure Pete Paulsen carried this brand at some point in the last few years too. I also remember seeing Pacers in one of the ads in LRM a couple years back. I don't know if Pacer Supremes are still around or what. Weird how the stamping was on the outside of the wheel. Made for a good pic though. Props to Ras for snapping these.

Looks like they might have built them backwards. The center should be facing the other way.
    Support Live Music.

"Tell Barack I'm Baroke"

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Got any 'worn' Robert Smith panties off of ebay??? Ill trade you 028.gif
    Haha, no. I don't have any of his. I'm usually throwing my chonies at him.

Back to the Supreme caps...I have a great ad out of LRM that shows those spinners and the same logo on a set of wires. I'm pretty sure the ad is from the company that created those Supreme spinners. I'll see if I can find it and scan it.

Newb

User Info Menu

thanks for the lesson. helps to make the right choice when the time comes
    62 moredoor CADDY!!!!!!

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Here's a shot my friend Shawn took at Leadeast a few weeks back.

GEARS-N-GREASE

i have a set of 15x7's off my old buick.

they are unilug and the pattern was for 5x5, but i was measuring them to sell, and it looks like the unilug is 4.5~5'', is this correct? or are they 4.75~5''?

J Man

Hopefully I did not miss this in a previous message but does anyone have an opinion on the new Cragar ones that Newstalgia sells? They have the wires as well.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

So who has the best price on Supremes right now.
    Support Live Music.

"Tell Barack I'm Baroke"

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

summit does, like $131 shipped a piece..

but if you want 15s, pete paulsen has some NICE deals on clearance.. 15x6 $399 SHIPPED for 4, 15x7 or 8 is like $499 SHIPPED for 4.. shock.gif
    i change cars too much .... fuck

"Im bringin bubbles back................."

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

If these are the ones that they are selling I don't want them. They have that funky beveled lip around the center section.

Support Live Music.

"Tell Barack I'm Baroke"

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

idk, call him and ask if they are uniques or not thats the only brand like that
    i change cars too much .... fuck

"Im bringin bubbles back................."

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Even if they are Uniques, they probably won't look like that. That was a very short-lived incarnation. That particular spoke design with the weird center and the ring attached to the spoke ends made for an ugly wheel. Cragar bought the Unique name and I'm almost positive they did away with that design in favor of the traditional supreme like most other companies offer. But you never know. Maybe Paulsen is liquidating old stock at that lower price. I dunno for sure. It may be worth a call over there. But I haven't had good luck with any of these retailers/vendors knowing anything or being willing to give specifics.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

A buddy of mine had this on his '61 wagon and they just didn't look right to me. They didn't look bad, but not what I would want. Here's some pics.

Support Live Music.

"Tell Barack I'm Baroke"