User Tag List

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: Everything you ever wanted to know about Supremes...

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Here is something that I didn't want to create a thread for :
    I just saw this page with some pics from Speed Hunters :
    http://www.official-automotive.com/i...e%C2%A0better/
    With a nice monterey on supremes.
    But that's not the point... I just noticed that this car was referred to as : " Speaking of style, Ive always been a fan of the not-quite-custom, not-quite-lowrider, Los Boulevrados aesthetic, and this Ford Monterey had it nailed."
    And found it quite bitchin' that this style could be simply called ' los boulevardos ' aesthetic ... Congrats on achieving being one of the main reference for this style guys !
    Attached Images Attached Images
    5 on 5

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

Well finally got my 14 x 6 reversed astros and they still hit the inner fenders on my jet star, I'm bound and determined to run these. looks like i'm going to have to modify the inner fenders.

♠ LBCC Chicagoland ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pat jones View Post
    Well finally got my 14 x 6 reversed astros and they still hit the inner fenders on my jet star, I'm bound and determined to run these. looks like i'm going to have to modify the inner fenders.
    How close are they? are you running the 205's? if they are close you might wanna try a 195/75/14 I know on my pontiac I have 14x7's (std) with a 195/75 adn they fit. I know forsure that a 205/70 wont fit. Worth a try.

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

I'm running 215's, tried 205's. they are actually right up against the inner fender. it's weird the inner fender sticks inward almost an inch further than the inner fender lip. think i'm going to cut it loose and move out toward the fender than fill in the gap. the 14x7 standards with the 215's fit with room to spare so i didn't think this would become such a problem!

♠ LBCC Chicagoland ♠

User Info Menu

ahhh ok if they were really close I would say a 195/75 would help but if its a inch then I dont think that will work for you. good luck man!

Sidewalk Spectator

User Info Menu

Well got the 14x6 reversed on the car, so far so good, fronts will touch if i'm not care full when turning into the driveway. i trimmed the fender edge even with the inside of the chrome and it helped, just have to remember to slow down when turning in!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I picked up some AWC supremes today, they have the full gusset weld on the back side, but they do have the tiny slot ( like the pic with the plastic knife )
    , i believe my others were like this and it is normal - is this correct ?

Thx
    PANEL BEATERS C.C - WE GOT GREASE UNDER OUR NAILS, NOT IN OUR HAIR

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lgh1157 View Post
    I picked up some AWC supremes today, they have the full gusset weld on the back side, but they do have the tiny slot ( like the pic with the plastic knife )
    , i believe my others were like this and it is normal - is this correct ?

Thx
    Mine have a slight gap as well.
    "Knowledge without mileage equals bullshit."
    -Henry Rollins

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I'm always trying to research and find out who made the tinsel Lloyd Supremes. Today I seen ad for a car for sale and he said has old school Supremes stamped wheel centre walnut creek calif. I emailed him and he said they are 2 piece bolted together. He thinks e.t. mags made them. I always thought e.t. made them as wheel centre was later e.t.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Reading thru the old post and this ad says "High tensile strength" anyone know what tensile is? A type of metal?

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I got the information on e.t. early Supremes. Now how can I insert the article here? I asked for help identifying tinsel Lloyds on THE H___B. E.T WHEEL? someone posted a link with info and history of wheel centre E.T. can someone find it and post? Nic?

♠ LBCC Nor Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hardtop59 View Post
    Reading thru the old post and this ad says "High tensile strength" anyone know what tensile is? A type of metal?

Compression= Pushing together*
    Tension= Pulling apart

Tensile strength refers to how good a material is at being pulled apart, it's sort of nonesense in this context, just makes it sound strong.