User Tag List

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Il Gimmi's 53 Chevy (Barney).

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I miss you guys.

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

Tonight's the first all nighter until Ventura. Insanity, I welcome you with open arms.
    Outside of society, they're waitin' for me.

http://faceoffumanchu.blogspot.com/

"Fuck that! I'm not scared. I'll go cruising by myself!"
    -eric

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Mmmm...all nighters. I can go for one of those. Not knowing what time it is until you see the sun come up is rad. Have fun guys. Looking forward to seeing what you knock out.

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

Tonights the second all nighter. Shes gonna be in primer by mornin time. Eastbound and down mother fucker.

-eric

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Damn dudes, y'all aren't slackers even tho you look like you are.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

THe primer looks fucking good. Barney is a new shim. No more droopy droored fucked quarters, now shim's all straightened out. Mike you flat out rule.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Mike does flat out rule. He get's MVP on this one for sure. I was out of town all last week and got back Sat night. Rolled down Sunday to work on Barney and Mike tell's me he's gonna pull an all nighter. Which he also pulled on Friday night. So I work at the garage until 7:30pm and then bounce. The game plan is for me to pick him up at 6am and take him home. I roll down at 6am expecting to find him crashed out on the shop couch and instead he's still bust'n ass. We end up painting the car and not finishing until around 2pm. I think he's half man half machine! I'm sure once he wakes from his slumber he'll post pics. Barney is looking very nice.

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

Damn, that was a long haul. We were just gonna prime it and ended up spraying it with some purple base also. BALLS DEEP is next!

-eric

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Mike=RULER!!!!!
    WHAT WOULD GOOZ DO?

"eventually we all die, so it don't really matter to me who rules the world, just don't make me drink kool-aid as I die." 62pest

Keep your word and pay what you owe Fu-Manchu!

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Looking the goods!
    Even a F@#ked up plan is better than no plan at all!

♠ LBCC So Cal ♠

User Info Menu

You freackin rock Mike!!! Barney is looking killer

Dude, I love puppies, dude!

User Info Menu

OMG!!!
    HOLY FUCK! that is not the same car from 2 weeks ago!!

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

Jimmy thinks he's a beatnik now. LOL.

-eric

Dude, I love puppies, dude!

User Info Menu

hahahahahah!
    who sprayed the car? i am diggin the purple and aqua!

In Heaven, TCB

User Info Menu

I had the car bagged up and ready to prime about 6 am. Started spraying it and Jimmy showed up. The plan was I was gonna finish the bodywork through the night and not go home till it's primed. We used a tintable primer, so it was kind of a lavender-ish kinda color once the purple was mixed in. After it was sprayed I took and fogged some of the purple around some edges. It was alright but maybe we went too far? Anyhow we decided to just go get some more purple base and do the whole thing purple. That green is that other paint I was telling you about. This is just a rough round 1 with the body about 95% dialed in. The purple base makes it a very expensive primer job! lol. All this fiasco took about 6 hours from the time I started spraying. Running back and forth yo Space age lol. So a 27 hour day for me. It looks good, and Jimmy is happy. It's not perfect, but like I said, it's basically the cars first prime. She is definately a much more solid car now, than when we started, Plus with a pretty quick turn around time, and in time to drive to Ventura! I'm excited to see it get put together, I think jimmy is gonna be looking good.
    Last edited by F-U Manchu!; 08-17-2010 at 01:36 AM.

-eric

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

My goodness!!!!!!!!!

♠ LBCC High Desert ♠

User Info Menu

Looks real good Mike. I'm luck to be able to work seven hours straight, let alone 27! Getting old sucks!
    1969 Mercury Montego MX -- ¡Cállate la boca!
    Roach Motel II -- 1968 Fairlane 500 Wagon

"Two on the street is worth more than 20 on the board." -- 64sled

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Impressive! Nice work Mike, and congrats Gimmi!
    I think we can do better than that...

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Dang, working on the night moves. Looks kick ass.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Ya, I couldn't be more hyped. Barney is looking good now. I"m gonna try to find free time to roll down through out the week and start straightening the trim. That way we can send it to the tweaker polisher and let him do his thing. I'll also start sanding the roof so we can spray the final clear this weekend. I'm getting excited as well to start putting Barney back together.