User Tag List

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Pescos and Rays

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

I can get you a pic of the 70's stock GM player if ya want. Lemme know, I have one that's out of the car right now.
    RespectPrideLoyalty

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

yes please

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

I'm an advocate of 8-trackage, but IMO that deck looks too modern for your car.

My plans for my Catalina are to put a stock AM radio in the dash and run an aftermarket underdash FM/8track unit. When I get more cash down the road I'll stash a modern deck in the glovebox that I can plug an iPod into so I can crank some heavy shit.
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Tharr yee be. I completely forgot that I now have 2 stock 70's GM 8 track players. But I don't have the wiring hook up for either. You can put pretty much put any stock GM radio knobs onto them to fit the style you want.

RespectPrideLoyalty

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

In the dash, except this is just an AM, but it looks and fits the same.

RespectPrideLoyalty

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starsky
    Tharr yee be. I completely forgot that I now have 2 stock 70's GM 8 track players. But I don't have the wiring hook up for either. You can put pretty much put any stock GM radio knobs onto them to fit the style you want.

Thanx holmes you rock.... from these pics the RCA unit I got is just an aftermarket version of these... its the exact same size. I get it tomorrow I cant wait. I am thinking of gewtting a new ss dash facia and cutting it to the desired size. It should work great as long as the radio is secured using plumbers tape. Im also waiting on a couple of other trinkets. Ill post pics of the ol'girl soon.

On a side note I am thinking of pulling out the record player in favor of a color bar... what do you guys think? Dont feel bad for the record player I will be looking for a 50s wagon/bomba soon to put all my early accessories into.

♠ LBCC So Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Color bar for sure.
    "Do your job........ DO YOUR FUCKEN JOB"!
    Cruzito

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin
    My plans for my Catalina are to put a stock AM radio in the dash and run an aftermarket underdash FM/8track unit. When I get more cash down the road I'll stash a modern deck in the glovebox that I can plug an iPod into so I can crank some heavy shit.
    Yeah it doesnt belong in this year but I aint feeling the stock AM delco radio . My ultimate goal was to get that am/fm delco radio but why pay 500+ for something that dont fit the cars vibe. Vintage wires or Supremes (I now own both thanks to ny fellow club members), rabbit ears, 8 track and a color bar.... maybe a vibrasonic, if that doesnt say Whittier bl/Bellflower bl late 70s then I dont know what to do.

Just add paint deep blue roof with bright sivler bottom all with a heavy flake and Im a happy guy :wink: this might change though I dont know if I want to redo everything on my interior to match the exterior.... I might repaint it the same colors with more flake. Either way tons of flake ...

♠ LBCC High Priest ♠

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ACCESSORYFREAK
    Yeah it doesnt belong in this year but I aint feeling the stock AM delco radio . My ultimate goal was to get that am/fm delco radio but why pay 500+ for something that dont fit the cars vibe.

You're skilled enough at scouring the world for cool old shit, you should just hold out until you find a cool late '60s aftermarket radio that can go in the dash. Its the kind of thing that you can't seek out but you'll find an NOS one at a garage sale for $5 whan you least expect it.
    Tradition didn't end in 1964

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Yeah it doesnt belong in this year but I aint feeling the stock AM delco radio . My ultimate goal was to get that am/fm delco radio but why pay 500+ for something that dont fit the cars vibe.

You're skilled enough at scouring the world for cool old shit, you should just hold out until you find a cool late '60s aftermarket radio that can go in the dash. Its the kind of thing that you can't seek out but you'll find an NOS one at a garage sale for $5 whan you least expect it.
    I have been looking for a am/fm radio thats how I found the Kraco which in turn led me to this unit, maybe I will buy that one again. What do you think of that Kraco from page one? All I know is 60s am/fm radios aint easy to come by. Its not like I can stroll up to a garage sale out here and BAMB there it is... most of that shit is already picked clean locally. I am gonna put my 64 knobs on this one track down a used uncut fascia and pop it in for now. Then the search continues for the perfect unit....keep the input coming in Ras I need to stay on my toes.

This is what I am currently hunting for, if you have it for sale or have a lead get at me....

AM/FM 60s radio
    Vibrasonic
    Colorbar
    tilt steering

everything else is pretty much done... well maybe og power windows but hell I can spin a window crank sooooo...

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Re: Work on the Impala .... supension question.

Its been a looong time since I posted in here so here I go, well I got the Tru rays on the Impala ( I have to ask for that tiopic to be moved to the Pictures and Videos section) and I stopped buying accessories. I need to get my suspension problems worked out. Well there isnt really a problem but it also doesnt go up and down as an Impala should. Right now it has a mild static drop most likely done the wrong way, this is where I need your guys help. What would you do go air bags or aircraft hydro? Both cost about the same prices, I was gonna go air ride tech but who has that kinda money??? Any so cal connects on either would be great too. thanx

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Re: Work on the Impala, radio ...... downgrade?

I would think an aircraft hydraulic setup done right would cost way more than bags. Am I wrong?

You're 64 is oldschool. Lift it like it would have been done back then. Aircraft. 8-) Or even if you don't go aircraft, just a nice clean juice setup. 2 pumps, 6 batteries. No side to side 3 wheel shit. Just front/back. Take the money you would have needed to spend on reinforcing the frame on an abusive setup and put it into things like hardlines and plating to make yours pretty and reliable.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Re: Work on the Impala, radio ...... downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryk
    I would think an aircraft hydraulic setup done right would cost way more than bags. Am I wrong?

You're 64 is oldschool. Lift it like it would have been done back then. Aircraft. 8-) Or even if you don't go aircraft, just a nice clean juice setup. 2 pumps, 6 batteries. No side to side 3 wheel shit. Just front/back. Take the money you would have needed to spend on reinforcing the frame on an abusive setup and put it into things like hardlines and plating to make yours pretty and reliable.
    Oh hell yeah......and as Harry said, keep your eye out for that realistic am/fm...it's out there, you just haven't found it yet ;-)

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Re: Work on the Impala, ..... suspension question/suggestion

Im leaning torwards hydros now thanks to Locobomber's topic but if I went that route it would only be aircraft. What I have to take in mind is the safety factor, that is the reason I went radial instead of bias ply. My kids will be with me as much as possible and I want to make sure they are as safe as possible. Right now Im doing tons of home work on parts people and shops, this will give me time to save some money sell some stuff and get all my loose ends tied up. Heres what im dreaming about...

2 pescos pumps
    2 HA #8 dumps
    1 equalizer
    2 oxy tanks with filler caps
    2 filters
    2 slowdowns
    tons of hardline...

Its good to dream right? At least I have the wifee on board with this project thats a first when it comes to my accessory quests. I think its because I stopped buying everything else I can find.

BTW
    the 8 track is for sale, I have decided to fix the dash the right way and slap in the stock am for now.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Car is down for something .... special

Damn you Loco... you made me do it badgrin.gif . Wait till you see what Im up to, NO sneak peeks till its done. Give me 2 weeks to get things done and I will be taking some great pics.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Re: Car is down for something .... special

Damn you Loco... you made me do it badgrin.gif . Wait till you see what Im up to, NO sneak peeks till its done. Give me 2 weeks to get things done and I will be taking some great pics.
    All I can say is...

Accessoryfreak is steppin his game up BIG TIME. Cali boys doin it like we sposed to.

Re:

They'll stick out pretty far but I guess I like that sorta thing...
    Oh do you now?

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Re: Work on the Impala, ..... up to no good as usual. 4/28/08

Okay I have been waiting to tell you guys until it is finished but Its been a while Im no good at secrets and I just took it yesterday to get it finished up. I am having Ted Wells build me an Aircraft hydro setup for the Impala. Heres a list of what Im got...

2-280s
    2- NOS large yellow tanks (original writing on it is a must)
    3-Adex dumps (one for the front two for the back)
    1-special Ted Wells Fitting (to run the two rear Adex side by side)
    3-checks
    3-Parker faucetslowdowns.... the big old ones (not what I wanted but I might swapem later for zigzags)
    2-Bendix filters
    2-racks/trays
    6-solenoids
    6-interstate batteries
    switchplate and switches with wiring.
    all Fittings
    steelbraided return hoses
    pump to cylinder hoses
    Fatty cylinders and hardware
    Fresh splatter trunk paint

I don't think I left anything out. I took it to him last night for the final mock up and install, I hope its done by this weekend so I can roll to Elysian Park and take tons of pic for you guys. Its going to be a natural finish setup no chrome or flashy paint for now just straight parking lot pimpin. I already talked to a person about the partial wrap and Im saving for that but the setup itself tapped me out for everything I had.

Im also getting a Colrsonic Ted Welld built color bar for under the dash.

If I forgot to talk about something or you got questions ask away.
    http://tedwellscustomhydraulics.com/home

Edit... damn weather doesnt look good for me.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Re: Work on the Impala, up to no good as usual. Update 5/22/08

So lucky!!!!!!

Dude if Ted is done by this weekend I think I'm gonna roll out to Elysian Park just to see your setup.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Re: Work on the Impala, up to no good as usual. Update 5/22/08

Holy shit did you win the lottery?!!?!?