Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Pescos and Rays

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Hell yes.
    Steamboatimagery.com

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I never posted the final product, here is a pic.

The well used JL Audio was replaced with an Eclipse speaker... it just happens to be blue so I wont be adding the color matched speaker grill. I also replaced and secured the amp. I'm thinking of putting a kill switch on the remote line so I wont have to have pounding bass all the time. I need to fix an issue with the way the upholstery guys reinstalled my 6x9s but all in all I'm real happy with the way it all turned out.

On to the next detail...

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

It looked great when you showed it to me at mooneyes. perfect fit! For the bass just put an inline knob and mount it somewhere at the bottom of your dash or something. Gives you total control of the amount of bass at your fingertips.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

very nice...I got a really old gas can and some snow chains that are for 520's if your interested...

sub in a suitcase is a cool idea like the way that came out
    tru=GLASSHOUSE FIEND

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Rick, you are my hero man. Someday I will make it back to California and I'm gonna have to control myself. I just love your '64 soooooo much.
    Great ideas. Just exceptional. Love that interior and what you've done to that trunk! I'm gonna see this car someday.
    The only thing on my mind is how good she's running. Labels are for those in need of recognition. - Diém

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

^^^X2

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

the speaker in the suitcase is a genius idea.
    And that set up. Cant have enuff of it, i love how every single wire, bolt, ground strap, rubber etc..is in plain site. The beauty of it is in the ''mechanical details'', if this makes any sense

Little note: couple weeks ago on a x forum i read a guy commentin on a picture of your trunk saying the set up was anti-esthetic cause the tanks are separated from the motors making it look not tidy.....alright.
    Sent from my ouiji board with black magic powers

- I Bomb Mes3 -

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I'm glad you guys like it. When I was first considering it I figured it would be okay to loose 10% sound quality if it gained 30-40% cool factor. In a sound system that's an acceptable trade. I wouldn't accept that if the outcome effected safety or performance.

This (safety) is where my next move comes in. I'm still upset over missing the Majestics new years picnic. I replaced the coil and module that stopped me dead in my tracks (stupid procomp crap) but the wire on the pick up coil inside the HEI dizzy was so old it cracked off in my hand. I spliced in a repair section that seemed to work but I felt very very uneasy about rigging such a sensitive moving part. I looked into repairing by replacing the pick up coil and I'm still gonna do that but decided to replace the whole dizzy with a performance one. I couldn't pull the trigger on it buying the cheap Chinese units all over eBay for 50 bux. Lately all the cheapo decisions I've made have bit me in the ass. Not this time! I decided on a company I've used before... Pertronix, more specifically a Pertronix HEI Flamethrower distributor. I was going to get the MSD Street Fire unit but after research I discovered that's a cheap Chinese unit with an MSD sticker..... FAIL! So the Pertronix has been ordered and it should be installed this weekend. The last time i used the Pertronix line was 10 years ago making my old VW dizzy point-less with great success. This is the one I got
    D1000.jpg

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Pertronix is just as shitty as anything else on the market, I've seen tons of their product get returned over the years for failing.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Dont you have a car to buy or something? I try to avoid your post please stay clear of mine.^^^

If your going to have to post on my threads and talk shit about my purchases at least have the courtesy to post useful information too so the next guy can make the right purchase... jack ass!

By the way for what its worth to others reading this EVERYTHING has a potential to fail, I took that and their warranty into mind.

♠ LBCC Skinny Jeans ♠

User Info Menu

hahahaha
    I don't do build threads, I just build.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

MSD Street Fire unit but after research I discovered that's a cheap Chinese unit with an MSD sticker
    Don't say shit like this then! I've run many of these with no issues at all, there's nothing wrong with them

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

dude go away!

I am entitled to have my own opinion in MY fucken thread. Besides I didn't lie... where are they made? If you do a search one was compared to the 50 dollar Skip White Chinese units and they were practically identical, now GTFO!

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

I've been running pretronix in my 53 since 2008. FOUR YEARS of driving 12 months out of the year...NO FAILURES what so ever.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

my 74' had the Pertronix billet(I hate that word) pointless distributer.... never had any problems.... my bro has the motor is his ride now... runs like a champ
    tru=GLASSHOUSE FIEND

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

if you want to see pics of this really cool old gas can let me know(don't want to take over your tread with pics)
    tru=GLASSHOUSE FIEND

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Yes please post pics! You can shoot me a PM on what your ooking to get for it?

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

cool... thought maybe you'd appreciate this... fits the old school theme you got... pretty neat design the handle folds out for a spout/funnel
    tru=GLASSHOUSE FIEND

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

my falcon runs pertronix ignitor II and ive run it for 4 years as well, daily driven and never skipped a beat, i cant get over the aircraft stuff man, so awesome, the oxygen tanks in o.g. paint are to die for, wonderful job man!
    Acrophobiacs C.C.C.

♠ LBCC Arizona ♠

User Info Menu

Pertronix in mine for at least 200,000 miles you made the right choice Rick. That trunk is stellar. What happend with the 6x9s if you dont mind me asking?
    I'm sorry, I don't care how fucking groovy and melodic metal music might get, you do not EVER dance to metal. PERIOD. You might bang your head, swing and sway with the groove, jump up and down and pit with the other long-hair's, but you don't FUCKING DANCE TO IT.
    Bob_o