User Tag List

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: Pescos and Rays

Newb

User Info Menu

note;..on a split shaft car...if your gonna lift it in any way..air/hydros..
    your best to put the expensive telescopic in...or you'll replace that stupid mid bearing every 6 months.. :wink:

and when you put a stock replacement in...try to set it at a normal ride height....otherwise you'l stress it every time you lift or drop...so kinda in the middle of it all :wink:
    joke em if they cant take a fuk

Newb

User Info Menu

Yeah It was me who had the fun fire. I will get out and change all the drivetrain stuff this winter. School will be out for winter in 3 weeks so hopefuly I can get some stuff done for once. The shake happens during acceleration only after about 30 MPH. So I dont know what that is all about, I will get it checked out for sure before I go cruising again. It is cold and nasty in ohio. Boo!

Sorry to hi jack it from you Freak. I really like the new wheels and cant wait to see them on it.

Matt

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hotrods316
    Yeah It was me who had the fun fire. I will get out and change all the drivetrain stuff this winter. School will be out for winter in 3 weeks so hopefuly I can get some stuff done for once. The shake happens during acceleration only after about 30 MPH. So I dont know what that is all about, I will get it checked out for sure before I go cruising again. It is cold and nasty in ohio. Boo!

Sorry to hi jack it from you Freak. I really like the new wheels and cant wait to see them on it.

Matt
    Yes sir some thing in your drive shaft is off. Thats what mind did exactly. Check the u joints then the carrier bearing and take it to a shop to check the balance.

Dont worry about jacking my thread at all this site is more about helping each other then showing off. I can only hope some of the stuff I have learned while fixing my many MANY mistakes can help some one else with their project.

Newb

User Info Menu

Well my mistake of the driveshaft helped a guy with a 61 belair mo-do. He ended up bagging it and wanted to test drive it and I was like NOOOO!!!!! I told him to cut out the rear floor and make a tunnel first. He did and put it down and still had to cut more, so at least some people get the oppurtunity to learn from others' mistake. I guess I dont mind being that guy that makes them but I know I am not the only one who has; so it is all good.

By the way, I love your Impala and your addiction! :D

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Not gonna say much just here is a teazer.....

Last edited by ACCESSORYFREAK; 04-14-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Seen them in person this weekend. I was blown away. These look SO good on the Impala. Much props.
    "Your car is so low, Bill Hines has to duck to get in." - Trent Sherrill

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

I like them they look really nice
    ..............................They see me Rollin They Hatin..............................

Newb

User Info Menu

Is your car dropped at all? I ordered 3 in. drop springs from Classic and I'm trying to figure out what that's going to look like, since it's 3in. down from stock???
    "Easier to ask for forgiveness than permission."
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...ewpaint008.jpg

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Picture courtesy of smokindave. I am gonna get sickapache to go with me and take a bunch of flix. I am waiting for some missing parts and the weather to change for me. I would post more but there not my pics and I only asked for permision on this one :lol:

Jeepers I aint sure how low it sits, I almost know for a fact its not done right though... nothing else was when I got her.
    Last edited by ACCESSORYFREAK; 04-14-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Freaky Bro..... there should be enough of a lip to where you can just use a big ass washer from behind and just bolt on your options??
    The only thing I noticed is that the hole opening isnt big enough for those KO adapters that have the thin wall that bolts on between hub and wheel.

And you gotta find something that just mates up physically in diameter with that size opening.

Time to have fun with some fab trickery.

I would like to start the rebirth of a rainbow tape movement myself. :wink:

If I could only get it to lay out seemless and without wrinkles on a bullet
    "Thats because my guitars 'rock' brother" Esteban

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ACCESSORYFREAK

thats sick,,looks awsome!!!! :wink:
    60's style

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Well I am getting closer to my goal of having a cruiser from the 70s but I have things that bug me on the car one being the previous owner hacked the dash and put in a CD player. I bought a dash section of ebay actually the same guy tried to sell the dash section to me for 200+shipping. I didnt buy it so he ebayed it where I won it for 50 bux. Once I get that done I plan on getting a radio in there that fits the look using the 64 dash knobs. I bought a stock radio but AM will drive me nuts. I have been pricing AM/FM units and want to buy one but cant see spending 600 on a stock radio. Soooooo this was my idea....

This is a 70s/80s aftermarket radio. I like the fact that it has the am/fm switch like the original units. I know its on the bottom of the dial and should be on top but hell if I wanted exact correct I should by the original. It cost me 25 bux shipped.

Now the problem is I havent gotten the radio yet and the guy says its because the holiday rush :roll: too give it to this last Tues. Weird part is when I contacted him on Tues he apologized and asked if I wanted an upgrade to compinsate my time. Why offer the upgrade if it aint your fault??? I looked at his other radios and decided this one was perfect for the look I was going for. RCA in dash 8 track oooohhhhhhh.... Maybe its just a me thing and no one else thinks its cool :lol:
    I dont know what happened with my purchase but he seems to be on top of it and says he will ship this one tomorrow after the holiday. I REALLY hope this goes through.

Any one have any luck on fixing a hacked dash? Pointers pictures any help is good help. Well ..... wish me luck. I will keep you all posted.

The wifee thinks Im crazy for doing this, she cant grasp why Im taking a CD player out in favor of older technology. Later I will put the CD player in the glove or maybe Ill set up the record players box to hide the CD player.... :

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

BTW Camilla will always be my cars name but to go with the style I have thinking of going with "Summer of 76" on the back quarter windows. Shoot me some feed back fellas what do you think?

♠ LBCC So Cal ♠

User Info Menu

Im digging the 8 track. PLus! You can find some bitchen 8 tracks for just about nothing.
    "Do your job........ DO YOUR FUCKEN JOB"!
    Cruzito

Harvey's Front Row

User Info Menu

Wow. Lookin good man!!

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

Anyone who knows me, knows I'm always in favour of an 8 track. They're so wrong they're right. Good stuffs.
    RespectPrideLoyalty

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

aint those 8 track players taller then a reg am/fm ? you might want to find a stock late 70's gm one. i had one is a 76 monte and it was standard size the tunning screen flipped up to put the tape in.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyT
    aint those 8 track players taller then a reg am/fm ? you might want to find a stock late 70's gm one. i had one is a 76 monte and it was standard size the tunning screen flipped up to put the tape in.
    My dash is already cut. I was gonna fix it but maybe ill trac down a cool face plate. Have a pic of the radio you had?

Casual Cruiser

User Info Menu

I dont have a pic sorry... I think you may run into problems with the trim on the dash. My surround for my cd played is right up against my trim so if were any taller it would not fit in the hole.

Boulevard Bomber

User Info Menu

ahhhh....DAMN! I didnt think about that. Ill get it in, chop... cut... weld!